The Plague Lords are the final bosses of each chapter of Tombs of Terror. Each Plague Lord represents one of the plagues of Uldum, as well as the League of E.V.I.L.'s associated classes. During each of their chapters, they will affect your run using their powers over their plague, represented by the Twists that appear at the start of the game.
Members[edit | edit source]
Vesh, Plague Lord of Murlocs[edit | edit source]
Vesh is the embodiment of the Plague of Murlocs and mainly represents the shaman class. Its associated Twist shuffles copies of Surprise! Murlocs! into each player's deck, which summons a random number of various Murlocs when drawn.
K'zrath, Plague Lord of Madness[edit | edit source]
Xatma, Plague Lord of Death[edit | edit source]
Xatma is the embodiment of the Plague of Death and mainly resembles the priest class. Its associated Twist causes both players to start the game with an Eternal Tomb Permanent on their side of the board. When the specified number of minions on their side of the board dies, it summons the minion designated on the Eternal Tomb. The process repeats after each summon.
Icarax, Plague Lord of Wrath[edit | edit source]
Tekahn, Plague Lord of Flame[edit | edit source]
Rafaam has rewarded Tekahn for his servitude by granting him control of the Plague of Flames. As a result, Tekahn has become one of the sources of the plagues of Uldum, being the embodiment of the Plague of Flame. Tekahn represents the warlock class.
Boss rules[edit | edit source]
- Each Plague Lord starts with 300 health. The first four Plague Lords follow these rules:
- If the player loses against a Plague Lord, its current Health will be its new maximum Health should the player encounter it again.
- Plague Lord's Hero Power and deck depend on their current Health.
- If it is between 201-300, it uses Phase 1's Hero Power and deck.
- If it is between 101-200, it uses Phase 2's.
- If it is below 100, it uses Phase 3's.
- During the phase change, the Plague Lord will draw extra cards. Their deck is also completely replaced by a new one.
- If its Health is "set" by Flex-plosion, its Hero Power and deck stay the same until it is damaged by any means.
- If a phase change occurs while drawing Corrupted Blood (from Hakkar, the Soulflayer), then the whole deck will still be replaced in the very moment the life of the Plague Lord drops below 100/200, but for each Corrupted Blood drawn until that point, 2 copies will be placed into the new deck. Hence any strategy of killing a Plague Lord involving Hakkar, the Soulflayer should try to maximize the number of Corrupted Bloods the Plague Lord draws that turn. Example: If a Plague Lord has only bloods in his deck, but starts his turn with 102 health, then one blood is drawn, then the deck is replaced, the hand is refilled and finally 2 new bloods will be placed into the remaining deck. If the Plague Lord has say 16 bloods and 120 health at the start of his turn, then he will draw 7 of the 16 bloods, shift to the new phase, replace his deck, refill his hand and finally 14 new bloods are placed into the remaining deck.
- Tekahn, Plague Lord of Flame changes phases like the other Plague Lords, but his health always resets to 300 when the player is defeated.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Other than Tekahn, the Plague Lords are all unique to Hearthstone. As part of the League of E.V.I.L.'s next plan, they have unleashed the Plague Lords to sow destruction across Uldum, and the League of Explorers have reassembled to stop them, which starts their next journey in the Tombs of Terror adventure. Some of the adventure's bosses have been directly affected by the plagues, such as how Kasa Softspeaker was a victim of the Plague of Madness and Kasmut is aware of the threat the plagues face.