|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to your hero.
Mannoroth, Magtheridon, and Brutallus may be dead, but it turns out there are a LOT of pit lords.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Pit Lord can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Pit Lord can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Pit Lord||1600||400|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like many warlock Demons, the Pit Lord comes with a heavy drawback to offset its low cost. Although you get a 5/6 for a mere 4 mana, the drawback is that the Pit Lord deals 5 damage to you. Care must be taken when summoning this Demon, as it can easily do more harm than good.
The Pit Lord can be a game decider. Played well, he can allow you to gain a strong board advantage early in the game, or simply put a lot of minion power onto the board in a single round. He can output a lot of damage, and can take quite a few hits. However, his Battlecry means that in the late game you should carefully consider your opponent's potential for damage dealing before playing this card. If the Pit Lord is quickly removed before he can deal damage, the card will have cost you 4 mana and 5 health, to little benefit.
Pit Lord works well in a warlock aggro deck, where the goal is to overwhelm the other player with powerful minions before they have a chance to muster a defence.
Pit Lord has great synergy with Floating Watcher, immediately giving the Watcher +2/2 due to his hero-damaging Battlecry.
Pit Lord has no drawback if you play it while you have Mal'Ganis in play.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- To the slaughter.
- Perish, insect!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The annihilan, commonly known as pit lords, are a powerful species of demon recruited by Kil'jaeden to serve the Burning Legion. Their leader, the most feared of them all, was Mannoroth the Destructor.
- These colossal destroyers serve as the Legion's military commanders. They are as cruel as they are powerful - and revel in the destruction of all that exists. They are known to use felhounds to sniff out sources of magic wherever they be found.
- The pit lords who serve under Mannoroth the Destructor are some of the most cruel, barbarous butchers to ever roam the trackless wastes of the Twisting Nether. These hulking engines of hate and death love only to kill and bring sorrow to all living creatures. Fanatically loyal to Mannoroth, the pit lords will stop at nothing to see the will of the Legion upheld. These massive demons take sadistic pleasure from instilling crazed terror, and then slaughtering their enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Magtheridon's Lair Raid Deck" series, for the card Magtheridon.
- The card art specifically depicts the pit lord Magtheridon.
- From Wowpedia:
- Magtheridon, the former Lord of Outland, is a pit lord who conquered the ruins of the orcish homeworld following its destruction. His reign was ended by the arrival of Illidan Stormrage, who took Magtheridon's throne at the Black Temple for himself. Deciding that Magtheridon would have a further part to play, Illidan had Magtheridon's body dragged to the Hellfire Citadel where he imprisoned the pit lord, leaving him at the mercy of the fel orcs. A group of adventurers entered the depths of Hellfire Citadel, released the former Lord of Outland from his bonds, and finally destroyed him, taking his head as proof of their prowess.