|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
Gain an empty Mana Crystal for each friendly minion.
The Hozen don't get paid much, but at least they get to keep any excess mana.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Pilfered Power||1600||400|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the casting player has no friendly minions on the battlefield, this spell can still be cast but will have no effect.
- Otherwise, although not stated in the card's text, if the casting player has at least one friendly minion on the battlefield this spell has the following effect:
- If, after paying this card's Cost, the casting player has 10 available and/or maximum mana, this card will generate an Excess Mana card in the player's hand.
- Example. If the player already has 10 Mana Crystals (regardless if they are filled or empty), casting Pilfered Power will generate an Excess Mana card.
- Example. If on turn 9 a player with 9 full Mana Crystals casts Innervate followed by a Pilfered Power with mana cost reduced to 0 by Emperor Thaurissan, Pilfered Power will generate an Excess Mana card since when the spell takes effect the player already has 10 available mana.
- Otherwise, it will give to the casting player a number of empty Mana Crystals equal to the number of friendly minions on the battlefield.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This can be used with cheap minion-generating cards to ramp up mana very quickly:
- Turn 2: Double Living Roots
- Turn 3: Pilfered Power
- Turn 4: 8 mana available
This spell is a key card in a Living Mana Ramp Druid deck: when cast using The Coin + Innervate (or two Innervates) right after Living Mana, it regains all the mana crystals that were consumed by Living Mana.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2016-11-29): Added.