Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Official[edit | edit source]
As senior game designer for Blizzard Entertainment's Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Peter Whalen works on numerous aspects of the initial designs, building the foundation for the digital card game’s expansions and Adventures. He designs missions, mechanics, and applies liberal amounts of flavor. He also coordinates with the rest of the team to ensure a consistent vision for upcoming content.
Whalen joined the Hearthstone team in 2015. In his free time, he enjoys playing many different types of games. Blizzard’s games are among his favorites, but he also enjoys discovering other card games, board games, RPGs, and strategy games.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whalen was responsible for Renounce Darkness, as well as figuring out how to implement Kazakus's ability.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to his joining Blizzard, Whalen's Dream Quest was already being played by many members of the Hearthstone team, as well as some other Blizzard employees.
Actions[edit | edit source]
- July 2015: Joined Team 5.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2017-03-22).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-11-08).
- NIGHT TERROR: ONE LAST DREAM QUEST UPDATE BEFORE PETER WHALEN JOINS HEARTHSTONE TEAM. (2015-06-08).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-05-24).
- Hearthpwn: Matt Place on Gadgetzan, Kazakus, Priest, Opponent Interaction, Heroic Brawl. (2016-12-07).
- Dean Ayala on Twitter. (2015-02-12).
[edit | edit source]
- Selected media
- TAC Hearthstone BlizzCon 2016 Interview with Rachelle Davis and Peter Whalen (2016-11-15)
- Hearthside Chat: Designing Karazhan's Chess Event with Peter Whalen (2016-10-07)
- IGN - BLIZZARD ON DESIGNING HEARTHSTONE’S OLD GODS (2016-06-19)
- Hearthhead: Peter Whalen Interview Summary - Titans Were Axed, Herald Volazj Copied Your Opponent (2016-05-26)