Patches the Pirate (Battlegrounds)
- For the minion card of the same name, see Patches the Pirate.
Patches the Pirate is a hero that the player can pick in the Battlegrounds game mode.
For more information, see Battlegrounds.
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Patches' Hero Power is a steady value generator, giving him extra Pirates to play with and allowing him to get a discount on minions or gain a profit when discounted to 0. His Hero Power lets him build up a Pirate board early (as long as you roll Pirates) and give him a better chance at finding triples, and if Patches goes late game with Pirates, he'll be able to activate his Hero Power more often, thanks to Cap'n Hoggarr adding more gold to the pool. However, like all tribe-specific heroes, don't feel obligated to stick to Pirates if the situation does not favor it.
Always buy Freedealing Gambler when it shows up since Patches can just sell the minion back for no gold loss, even if you choose to not go Pirates.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite gaining a new Hero Power in Patch 126.96.36.199534, Patches was treated as an already-existing hero for the purposes of the Tavern Pass, so he was available even to players without the Tavern Pass for the first two weeks of his new Hero Power being available.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52534 (2020-06-09):
- Patch 184.108.40.206246 (2020-03-17): Removed from the pool of possible heroes.
- Patch 220.127.116.11174 (2020-02-26): Fire the Cannons! now reads "Start of Combat: Deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions."
- Patch 18.104.22.168282 (2020-01-09):
- Returned to the pool of possible heroes.
- Fire the Cannons! now reads "At the start of next combat, deal 4 damage to two random enemy minions." (Previously: 3 damage)
- Patch 22.214.171.124060 (2019-12-05): Removed from the pool of possible heroes.
- Patch 126.96.36.199747 (2019-11-05): Added.