Patch 188.8.131.5219 is a Hearthstone patch released July 12, 2016. It is a medium patch, adding the Recruit A Friend system, the hero Morgl the Oracle, the game mode ID system, various small system changes, and various bug fixes.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
In this update Recruit A Friend has come to Hearthstone! Recruit a pal and you’ll convince Morgl the Oracle, the wise Murloc Shaman, to join your roster of Heroes. We also added a new card back, made a few visual improvements, and fixed some bugs!
Read on for the details!
- Recruit A Friend is here!
- New icons make it easier for spectators to figure out which game mode you are playing.
- Golden Priest, Rogue, and Neutral cards are now easier to tell apart. [The ribbon at the tops and bottoms of golden cards are now black for Rogue, and white for Priest.]
- Golden Hero Powers are now displayed correctly in the Arena.
- Tinyfin Beach – Get this card back by achieving Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of July.
- Silithid Swarmer is now a Beast. [The original general type was unintended.]
- Khadgar’s portrait now has a drop shadow.
- The Collection Manager now more accurately displays new cards.
- The experience bar will no longer fill up after winning a game at max level. [This change was not successfully implemented until Patch 184.108.40.20621.]
- Wild card rarity now displays properly when viewing flavor text.
- Golden C'Thun’s buff animation is now gold, gold, GOLD!
- Players should no longer appear as UNKNOWN after reconnecting.
- [iOS] Hearthstone will no longer crash when the device is in a certain orientation when the game is launched.
- [Android] Taking Fatigue damage after running out of cards will no longer result in a crash on Samsung Galaxy S7 devices using Snapdragon CPUs.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could prevent interaction with Heroes and Hero Powers on mobile devices.
- [Mobile] You should no longer crash when clicking on the Social button to bring up the friends list on phones.
- Fixed some audio, graphical, and UI issues.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Uncover Staff Piece has been reduced in cost from 3 to 2.
- Staff, First Piece has had its card text changed from "Add a random minion that costs (5) or less to your hand" to "Add a random rare card to your hand. It costs (2) less."
- Swordsman has had its card text changed from "Battlecry: Add Stormwind's Attack to this minion's Attack and Health." to "Battlecry: Gain Attack and Health equal to Stormwind's Attack".
- Staff, Two Pieces has had its card text changed from "Add a random minion to your hand. It costs (2) less." to "Add a random epic card to your hand. It costs (3) less."
- Innervate and Nourish have new golden art and casting animations.
- Voidwalker has new golden art.
- The following cards have been added for upcoming Tavern Brawls:
- Alms of Light, Cleave (Nefarian Rises! 4 damage spell), Cleave (Nefarian Rises! 7 damage spell) , Don't Push Me!, Dragonscale Warrior, Elemental Eruption, Explosive Rune (Nefarian Rises! spell), Explosive Rune (Nefarian Rises! minion), Explosive Runes (Nefarian Rises! spell), Flame Missiles (Nefarian Rises! 5 damage spell), Flame Missiles (Nefarian Rises! 10 damage spell), Freewheeling Skulker, Glorious Finale, Immolate (Nefarian Rises! 4 damage spell), Immolate (Nefarian Rises! 7 damage spell), Intrepid Dragonstalker, Main Tank, Raid Healer, Secrets of Shadow, Shadow or Light?, Twisted Light.
- The following new quests have been added:
- Play a Friend!, Morgl the Oracle!, New Recruit!, Recruits!, Recruits!, Recruits!, Recruits!.
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton now has an alternate summon quote for when played against Morgl the Oracle.
Unknown patch[edit | edit source]
The following changes are believed to have been made around the time of the release of this patch, and are collected here for reference.
- Reno Jackson's Battlecry no longer produces its usual visual effect when played if the Battlecry itself does not activate. [This is the believed patch for this change, documented 2016-08-02]
- Battle Standard's name has been changed from Standard. "Can't attack." has been removed from its card text. [Unknown patch between Patch 220.127.116.1151 and 2016-08-03]
References[edit | edit source]