Patch 188.8.131.5251 is a Hearthstone patch released March 14, 2016. It is a large patch, adding pre-orders for the upcoming Whispers of the Old Gods, 9 additional deck slots, various changes to the Collection Manager, and the hero Lady Liadrin, as well as data for upcoming Tavern Brawls, three new card backs, and various bugfixes.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Pre-purchase Whispers of the Old Gods
- Pre-purchase a “Whispers of the Old Gods” 50 card pack bundle from the in-game shop and unlock a special card back. Whispers of the Old Gods packs cannot be opened until the expansion launches, which will be before May 31, 2016, however, the card back is available immediately!
- Unlock up to 18 deck slots!
- Gain access to 9 additional deck slots by unlocking all nine Hearthstone Heroes, bringing your total number of deck slots to 18.
- If you’ve already unlocked all nine Heroes, your new deck slots are waiting for you in the Collection Manager: just delete or edit the Basic decks you’ll find in your deck list.
- Many improvements have been made to the Collection Manager.
- Deck Recipes are now available in the Collection Manager. Use Deck Recipes to quickly experiment with some new deck ideas.
- Right-clicking on card backs in the Collection Manager reveals an improved display. So fancy!
- When building decks, the “Suggest a Card” feature is now smarter about its recommendations.
- It is now possible to search for cards with new search terms, including Attack, Health, Cost, Golden, etc.
- A more complete listing of all the new functions will be revealed in an upcoming blog.
- We have begun preparing for the arrival of Standard and Wild formats with new UI elements.
- The following Hero portrait has been added:
- Liadrin – The new Paladin hero is obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.
- Hearthstone has been localized into Thai. Players around the globe can now enjoy Hearthstone in 14 different languages!
- The following card backs have been added:
- Hogger – Acquired at the end of the month by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of March 2016.
- Eyes of C’Thun – Acquired by pre-purchasing Whispers of the Old Gods.
- Overwatch – Acquired by purchasing the Overwatch: Origins Edition.
- Bonuses provided by Enrage effects now work correctly after a minion’s Attack and Health values have been swapped.
- [iPads with iOS 9.0.2+] Resolved an issue that could cause Hearthstone to crash when launched with the device held in certain orientations.
- [Android] Resolved visual issues that could occur with the League of Explorer’s card back and after League of Explorer matches on Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge+ devices.
- Resolved various issues with AI behavior and gameplay.
- Fixed various audio, graphical, and UI issues.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
Card changes[edit | edit source]
- Scarab is now a Beast.
- Snipe, Mirror Entity, Repentance and Sacred Trial now start with "After your opponent" instead of "When your opponent".
- Reno Jackson now has a yellow border highlight while in the hand to indicate that his Battlecry will activate.
- Varian Wrynn's entrance sound has been adjusted and is now longer. Old sound New sound
- Tavern Brawl cards
- Murloc Bonus: Wording changed from "You get a 1/1 Murloc at the end of your turn." to "Summon a 1/1 Murloc at the end of your turn."
- Spell Bonus: Wording changed from "Whenever you play a spell, gain 3 armor." to "Whenever you cast a spell, gain 3 armor."
New cards[edit | edit source]
- Annoy-o-Tron Prime, City of Stormwind, Kel'Thuzad (An Evil Exchange), Nefarian (Tavern Brawl hero), Rafaam (An Evil Exchange)
- Hero Powers
- Barracks, DIE, INSECT! (Tavern Brawl Hero Power), Necromancy, Staff of Origination (An Evil Exchange), Staff, First Piece, Staff, Two Pieces, Swat Fly, The Majordomo (Tavern Brawl Hero Power)
- Tavern Brawl minions
- Anub'Rekhan (An Evil Exchange), Fallout Slime (An Evil Exchange), Gluth (An Evil Exchange), Gothik the Harvester (An Evil Exchange), Grand Widow Faerlina (An Evil Exchange), Grobbulus (An Evil Exchange), Heigan the Unclean (An Evil Exchange), Herold, Instructor Razuvious (An Evil Exchange), Lady Blaumeux (An Evil Exchange), Noth the Plaguebringer (An Evil Exchange), Patchwerk (An Evil Exchange), Sapphiron (An Evil Exchange), Shieldsman, Sir Zeliek (An Evil Exchange), Spectral Gothik, Standard, Swordsman, Trial Damage Dealt, Trial Hero Power Used, Trial Length, Trial Minions Killed
- Tavern Brawl spells
- Darkness Calls, DIE, INSECT! (Tavern Brawl spell), Annoy-o-Tron Fanclub, Trial Clear Board, Uncover Staff Piece
Tavern Brawl weapons
- Debug cards
- Add 1 to Health., Add 2 to Health, Add 4 to Health., Add 8 to Health., Crash the server, Set all minions to 1 health, Set Health to 1(31175), Set Health to 1(31181), Set health to full
Basic decks[edit | edit source]
- Basic decks no longer feature as separate decks, but are now default deck lists provided whenever gaining a new deck slot.
Collection[edit | edit source]
- Card backs now swivel when inspected in the collection manager, highlighting their three-dimensional design.
- The system for obtaining all deck slots has been changed: new players now unlock deck slots one at a time. The first 9 slots are restricted to the class defeated, and can be edited but not replaced. All new deck slots initially comprise basic decks, which are now deck lists rather than separate decks. Once all 9 heroes are unlocked, access to an additional 9 deck slots is granted, and the original decks can then be deleted and replaced.
Game formats[edit | edit source]
- The rules for which cards are uncraftable have been updated to follow the new model for the upcoming game formats.
Play screen[edit | edit source]
- A Wild/Standard button has been added to the top of the right-hand window, in preparation for the arrival of Standard format.
- A button has been added to allow players with more than 9 decks to switch between pages of decks.
- The basic decks screen has been removed.
- The button which allowed players to switch between basic decks and custom decks now serves to take players directly to the collection.
Shop[edit | edit source]
- Content which will become Wild with the arrival of Standard format is now marked in the Shop with special notices.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- The sound effect when picking a card in Arena is quieter, and now varies in pitch.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
The following changes have been stated to be unintended, and will be reverted in an upcoming patch.
- Poison Seeds now resolves completely (including summoning Treants) prior to the activation of any Deathrattles.
References[edit | edit source]
- Poison Seeds filling the board removing Dreadsteeds. (2016-03-25).