Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
We are re-indexing our search results on the top 100 wikis on the platform, starting June 25th and ending later this week. If you experience search issues, that means your wiki is currently being re-indexed. Thanks for your patience.
Patch 188.8.131.5286 - The Grand Tournament Draws Near is a Hearthstone patch released August 18, 2015. It is a large patch, including all data for the The Grand Tournament expansion, as well as other content.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
This patch prepares the grounds for the arrival of Hearthstone’s second exciting expansion: The Grand Tournament!
When The Grand Tournament goes live later this month, you’ll be able to arm yourself with 132 all-new cards, recruit chivalrous knights of all shapes and sizes, and have a whole lot of festive fun! This patch also begins tracking your highest earned rank in Ranked Play mode, and you’ll be rewarded with a Highest Rank Bonus at the end of the season. Remember, The Grand Tournament pre-purchase bundle remains available until the expansion goes live.
We’re also adding a new card back and fixing some bugs. The full patch notes are below!
General[edit | edit source]
- The following card back has been added:
- Tournament Grounds – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of August.
- New quests added, including one to win games in Tavern Brawl mode!
- Tavern Brawl victories now count towards earning the Heroes of the Storm mount award.
- A bonus chest will be granted at the end of each season based on the highest ranked reached in Ranked Play mode.
- Various audio, graphical, and UI issues have been resolved.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- All The Grand Tournament cards have been added to the game, but cannot yet be crafted or otherwise obtained. [Cards made available for opening, crafting and purchasing August 24.]
- The Grand Tournament battlefield has been added, but is currently only available in the Grand Tournament Match Tavern Brawl. [Battlefield made available in regular play August 24.]
- New daily quests: "Everybody! Get in here!", "Druid Victory", "Hunter Victory", "Mage Victory", "Paladin Victory", "Priest Victory", "Rogue Victory", "Shaman Victory", "Warlock Victory" and "Warrior Victory" added.
- Conceding now ends the game immediately, except during a Joust.
- Players will now have a chance to receive any of the current Hearthstone card packs (which include the Classic Hearthstone set, Goblins vs Gnomes, and The Grand Tournament) whenever a card pack is awarded, with a greater chance to receive The Grand Tournament card packs. [Not activated until August 24.]
- The gaining rank animation has been updated and lengthened.
- AoE damage that hits all characters now hits mortally wounded minions, consistent with AoE damage that hits all minions.
Card changes[edit | edit source]
- Fel Reaver is now considered a remove from deck effect instead of a discard effect. Its card text has been changed from "discard the top 3 cards of your deck." to "remove the top 3 cards of your deck."
- Resurrect can no longer be played before a friendly minion has died this game.
Card text changes[edit | edit source]
- Ragnaros the Firelord: "Can't Attack." changed to "Can't attack."
- Ancient Watcher: "Can't Attack." changed to "Can't attack."
- Argent Commander: Line break added between "Charge" and "Divine Shield".
- Wild Magic (Showdown at Blackrock Mountain): "into your hand." changed to "to your hand."
- Dragonkin Spellcaster: Name changed from "Dragonkin Hatcher" to "Dragonkin Spellcaster".
- Dragonkin Sorcerer: 'you' is now in bold.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Spells that have had their cost increased by effects such as Loatheb will now display their resulting cost to the opponent when played.
- Crafting a minion card now plays its summoning quote.
- Achieving 12 wins in the Arena is now accompanied by a message from the Innkeeper: "Ooh! You have claimed the top arena prize, the Lightforge Key!".
- On the Open Packs screen, the Shop button now moves itself to the middle of the packs pane when the player has no packs to open.
- Various cards have had improvements to their sounds, visual effects and animations.
- Finding Opponent screen: "Musty Orphan" replaced by "Roach Boy" in the list of possible opponents.
- Tips: One tip has been changed: "If you win 500 games in Ranked mode with a class, you'll earn
itsa Golden classic heroHero."
- The following cards, when played, will now display a "Created by" message stating what card created them:
- Collection Manager: Typing "new" into the search box will show only newly acquired cards.
- The Quest Log has been adjusted to make room for the Ranked Chest display.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3hhdac/fel_reaver_doesnt_show_the_cards_discarded_anymore/ and other sources