Patch 188.8.131.5286 - The Grand Tournament Draws Near is a Hearthstone patch released August 18, 2015. It is a large patch, including all data for the The Grand Tournament expansion, as well as other content.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
This patch prepares the grounds for the arrival of Hearthstone’s second exciting expansion: The Grand Tournament!
When The Grand Tournament goes live later this month, you’ll be able to arm yourself with 132 all-new cards, recruit chivalrous knights of all shapes and sizes, and have a whole lot of festive fun! This patch also begins tracking your highest earned rank in Ranked Play mode, and you’ll be rewarded with a Highest Rank Bonus at the end of the season. Remember, The Grand Tournament pre-purchase bundle remains available until the expansion goes live.
We’re also adding a new card back and fixing some bugs. The full patch notes are below!
General[edit | edit source]
- The following card back has been added:
- Tournament Grounds – Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of August.
- New quests added, including one to win games in Tavern Brawl mode!
- Tavern Brawl victories now count towards earning the Heroes of the Storm mount award.
- A bonus chest will be granted at the end of each season based on the highest ranked reached in Ranked Play mode.
- Various audio, graphical, and UI issues have been resolved.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- All The Grand Tournament cards have been added to the game, but cannot yet be crafted or otherwise obtained. [Cards made available for opening, crafting and purchasing August 24.]
- The Grand Tournament battlefield has been added, but is currently only available in the Grand Tournament Match Tavern Brawl. [Battlefield made available in regular play August 24.]
- New daily quests: "Everybody! Get in here!", "Druid Victory", "Hunter Victory", "Mage Victory", "Paladin Victory", "Priest Victory", "Rogue Victory", "Shaman Victory", "Warlock Victory" and "Warrior Victory" added.
- Conceding now ends the game immediately, except during a Joust.
- Players will now have a chance to receive any of the current Hearthstone card packs (which include the Classic Hearthstone set, Goblins vs Gnomes, and The Grand Tournament) whenever a card pack is awarded, with a greater chance to receive The Grand Tournament card packs. [Not activated until August 24.]
- The gaining rank animation has been updated and lengthened.
- AoE damage that hits all characters now hits mortally wounded minions, consistent with AoE damage that hits all minions.
Card changes[edit | edit source]
- Fel Reaver is now considered a remove from deck effect instead of a discard effect. Its card text has been changed from "discard the top 3 cards of your deck." to "remove the top 3 cards of your deck."
- Resurrect can no longer be played before a friendly minion has died this game.
Card text changes[edit | edit source]
- Ragnaros the Firelord: "Can't Attack." changed to "Can't attack."
- Ancient Watcher: "Can't Attack." changed to "Can't attack."
- Argent Commander: Line break added between "Charge" and "Divine Shield".
- Wild Magic (Showdown at Blackrock Mountain): "into your hand." changed to "to your hand."
- Dragonkin Spellcaster: Name changed from "Dragonkin Hatcher" to "Dragonkin Spellcaster".
- Dragonkin Sorcerer: 'you' is now in bold.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Spells that have had their cost increased by effects such as Loatheb will now display their resulting cost to the opponent when played.
- Crafting a minion card now plays its summoning quote.
- Achieving 12 wins in the Arena is now accompanied by a message from the Innkeeper: "Ooh! You have claimed the top arena prize, the Lightforge Key!".
- On the Open Packs screen, the Shop button now moves itself to the middle of the packs pane when the player has no packs to open.
- Various cards have had improvements to their sounds, visual effects and animations.
- Finding Opponent screen: "Musty Orphan" replaced by "Roach Boy" in the list of possible opponents.
- Tips: One tip has been changed: "If you win 500 games in Ranked mode with a class, you'll earn
itsa Golden classic heroHero."
- The following cards, when played, will now display a "Created by" message stating what card created them:
- Collection Manager: Typing "new" into the search box will show only newly acquired cards.
- The Quest Log has been adjusted to make room for the Ranked Chest display.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3hhdac/fel_reaver_doesnt_show_the_cards_discarded_anymore/ and other sources