Patch 220.127.116.1134 – Goblins vs Gnomes Invades the Arena! is a Hearthstone patch made available on 4 December 2014. The patch added all data for the game's first expansion, Goblins vs Gnomes, added spectator mode, made a few card changes, and various minor adjustments.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Thanks to a bit of meddlesome tinkering—and perhaps a little goblin-induced sabotage—all Goblins vs Gnomes cards are now available to choose from in the Arena!
You heard that right—those pesky pint-sized engineers (being an impatient bunch) have jury-rigged the Arena to give Hearthstone players a sneak peek at what’s in store when Goblins vs Gnomes officially launches next week. In doing so, they’ve calibrated things to throw all Goblins vs Gnomes cards into the Arena deck-building mix ahead of schedule. Speaking of peeking, Spectator Mode will also be online, so you’ll also be able to tune your transmitters in to watch your friends play!
Goblins vs Gnomes packs will be available to purchase via the in-game Shop upon the official release of Goblins vs Gnomes on December 8th!
Goblins vs Gnomes[edit | edit source]
- Don’t let Goblins and Gnomes have all the fun building things: All Goblins vs Gnomes cards have been added to the Arena and can be chosen even if you do not have them in your Hearthstone collection.
- All Goblins vs Gnomes cards can be found easily in My Collection using the search function, and all Goblins vs Gnomes cards have a “gear” watermark in the card text box.
- Expert card packs have been renamed to “Classic” card packs. Classic card packs are still available to acquire in the in-game Shop as well as through Crafting Mode.
- New minion type “Mech” has been added. Use Mechs along with other Mechs for surprising (often devastating) results!
- An all-new interactive Goblins vs Gnomes-themed game board has been added. Turn the gears, wind the springs, and try not to blow anything up in the process. We warned you.
General[edit | edit source]
- Spectator Mode has been added. Watch your friends play through their games of Hearthstone and observe their epic victories all with the click of a button! Spectator Mode is accessed through the Friends list by clicking on the “Spectate Match” button next to your friend’s name.
Card Changes[edit | edit source]
- Flare now costs 2 mana, up from 1.
- Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against Secrets decks, but will be weaker against other decks.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 mana, up from 5.
- Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game – overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.
- Soulfire now costs 1 mana, up from 0.
- Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- The left-most enemy minion can once again be targeted on a full board if Counterspell counters a Secret.
- Nozdormu, self proclaimed “Master of Time”, once again gives players 15 seconds a round instead of 30.
- Blood Imps will no longer target Imp Masters with no life left. It’s dead, Jim.
- Baron Rivendare in the Naxxramas Adventure has fixed his heater and will no longer cast Frostbolt on himself.
- Faceless Manipulators will now copy the Echoing Ooze as well as its effect.
- Faceless Manipulators will now copy the Echoing Ooze as well as its effect. [sic]
- Faceless Manipulator now functions properly when targeting minions with Enrage that refuse to follow the rules.
- Druid of the Claw is embracing his wild side and now becomes a Beast minion type upon switching Cat Form or Bear Form.
- Multiple mechanical minions have been upgraded to Mechs, unlocking additional synergy with other Goblins vs Gnome cards: Harvest Golem, Damaged Golem, Alarm-o-Bot, Demolisher, Mechanical Dragonling, and all of Gelbin Mekkatorque’s AWESOME inventions [Repair Bot, Emboldener 3000, Homing Chicken and Poultryizer].
- Kel'Thuzad’s mastery of undeath has been tempered and it will no longer resurrect itself after perishing at the hands of Ragnaros the Firelord.
- Gnomes have been hard at work fixing Goblin “upgrades”, forcing our engineers to step in and fix the fixes that the gnomes “fixed”. Ultimately, a number of display issues and other bugs have been resolved.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Mechanic change: area of effect healing effects now affect all targets simultaneously, rather than one at a time. Related triggers will still activate one at a time.
- Art updates for at least 3 cards: Ragnaros the Firelord, Stormpike Commando and Haunted Creeper.
- Mind Shatter has new art.
- Cards which have additional or more powerful effects based on game conditions (such as Kill Command) have a yellow border when their condition is met, like Combo cards.
- The Options menu has been redesigned slightly. The window is now slightly wider, and the header and section captions are much larger, while most of the options themselves have been shrunk. The Miscellaneous section has been moved to the right to make room for a new Preferences section. This section hosts the previous option, Enable Challenging Nearby Players - Friends List, as well as a new option: Allow Friends to Spectate my Games.
- The Credits and Cinematics buttons are no longer covered over during play and certain other times, rather the entire Miscellaneous section is now removed, with the new Preferences section centralised in its absence.
- The Shop has been updated to include Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. The wooden side-board now displays the various card packs on offer. New music has been added for when viewing the Goblins vs Gnomes purchasing options.
- A Shop option has been added to purchase 60 packs at once. This option is only available using real money, and only on PC and Mac.
- Each hero now has a new unique soundbite when selected at the start of an arena run. These quotes are not heard in the rest of the game.
- Certain minions now have voice clips when their effects are triggered. For instance, Archmage Antonidas now says "Aha" when he generates a Fireball, and Ragnaros says "Die, insect!" when throwing a fireball.
- Lorewalker Cho's soundbites have been changed.
- Ice Barrier's text has been changed from "As soon as your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor." to "When your hero is attacked, gain 8 Armor." [Presumed patch]
According to Data Mining on Hearthhead:
- Numerous minor changes were made to the spacing of lines of card text.
- Bestial Wrath: Text now reads "Give a friendly Beast +2 Attack and Immune this turn." Previously "Give a Beast +2 Attack and Immune this turn."
- In the flavor text for Maexxna, the word "pissed" was changed to "super mad".
- In the flavor text for Haunted Creeper, the spelling of "arachnafauxbia" was changed to "arachnofauxbia".
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-12-02).