Patch 18.104.22.168261 is a Hearthstone patch released July 14, 2020. It is a medium-sized patch, adding the pre-purchase for the upcoming Scholomance Academy expansion (including an alternate hero and a card back), and new card changes in Standard and Battlegrounds.
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
- 1 Patch notes
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Today's 17.6 patch brings pre-purchase for Hearthstone’s newest expansion, Scholomance Academy! With it comes a handful of Battlegrounds updates, balance changes, and game improvements.
Battlegrounds Hero Pool Updates[edit | edit source]
- NEW HERO
- Tess Greymane
- Bob's Burgles [Cost 1] - Refresh Bob’s Tavern with minions from your last opponent’s warband.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Tess Greymane before the hero is formally released on July 28.
- RETURNING HEROES
- UPDATED HEROES
- Aranna Starseeker
- Demon Hunter Training [Passive] - Old: After you Refresh 7 times, Bob always has 7 minions. → New: After you Refresh 5 times, Bob always has 7 minions.
- Captain Hooktusk
- Trash for Treasure [Cost 0] - Old: Remove a friendly minion. Discover one from a Tavern Tier lower. → New: Remove a friendly minion. Get a random one from a Tavern Tier lower.
Battlegrounds Minion Pool Updates[edit | edit source]
Pirates are no longer guaranteed to appear in every Battlegrounds game.
- NEW MINION
- [Tier 6, All] 6 Attack, 6 Health
- Battlecry: For each different minion type you have, Adapt randomly.
- UPDATED MINION
- Goldrinn, the Great Wolf
- Old: [Tier 5] → New: [Tier 6]
Balance Updates[edit | edit source]
Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.
- Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
- Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).
- Corsair Cache
- Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.
- Old: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 5 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 4 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back.
- Kayn Sunfury
- Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.
- Warglaives of Azzinoth
- Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].
- Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].
- Fungal Fortunes
- Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].
- Galakrond, the Nightmare
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).
- Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).
- Galakrond, Azeroth's End (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).
Game Improvements & Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- When random card back is selected, you will now see a randomized card back every time you open a pack and every time you open the Crafting menu.
- The UI has been updated with an icon on the top right that will indicate when you’re offline.
Pre-Purchase Scholomance Academy[edit | edit source]
Pre-purchase one or both Scholomance Academy bundles, available in-game and on the Battle.net web shop!
- Scholomance Academy Mega Bundle
- The Mega Bundle includes 85 Scholomance Academy card packs and, for the first time ever, 5 of those will be Golden Scholomance Academy packs—each filled with Golden cards! The Mega Bundle also includes one random Scholomance Academy Golden Legendary card, the Kel’Thuzad Mage Hero, the Kel'Thuzad card back, and a Tavern Pass, which includes 4 Arena tickets.
- Scholomance Academy Bundle
- The Scholomance Academy Bundle includes 55 Scholomance Academy card packs, the Kel’thuzad card back, and a random Scholomance Academy Golden Legendary card.
Log in and Get Transfer Student for Free[edit | edit source]
With today’s 17.6 patch all players can log in to receive two copies of the Epic Neutral minion, Transfer Student, for free! Transfer Student has different effects based on which game board it’s played on, with 25 different effects in total, and can be slotted into your decks immediately!
- Limit two per account. Must log in by October 20 to claim.
Scholomance Academy Coming to Arena[edit | edit source]
When Scholomance Academy launches, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Scholomance Academy
- Demon Hunter Initiate
- Ashes of Outland
- Galakrond's Awakening
- Descent of Dragons
- Saviors of Uldum
- Rise of Shadows
Weapon Frames Update – Coming July 30[edit | edit source]
With the introduction of Dual-Class cards, we went back and applied a class specific frame to every weapon in Hearthstone. Class specific weapon frames will appear in-game starting July 30.