The official announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be keeping an eye on the power level of Demon Hunter. Our goal is to make changes when necessary in order to get Demon Hunter to where we believe it should be. Today, we’ll be applying the following balance updates to a few Demon Hunter cards in a server-side patch (meaning you won’t have to download anything):
- Skull of Gul’dan – Mana cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Imprisoned Antaen – Mana cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Eye Beam – Outcast Mana cost increased from 0 to 1.
- Aldrachi Warblades – Durability decreased from 3 to 2.
We wanted to get these changes out the door today, and in doing so you will only see the new stats for these cards—displayed in both red and green—in matches, not in your Collection. The red and green numbers will return to white and the cards will be updated in your Collection with a data-only patch that we’re expecting to deploy before the end of the day tomorrow.
For Arena, we’re making changes today that will see Demon Hunter class card offering rates decreased until we’re able to properly address the class with more accurate micro-adjustments in a future patch. The following cards have had their offering rates reduced in Arena:
- Chaos Nova
- Coilfang Warlord
- Command the Illidari
- Furious Felfin
- Glaivebound Adept
- Illidari Felblade
- Immolation Aura
- Priestess of Fury
- Skull of Gul’dan
- Twin Slice
4/8 Update: A full Arcane Dust refund will be issued for both regular (100 Dust) and golden (800 Dust) copies of Skull of Gul’dan and Imprisoned Antaen, as well as golden Eye Beam (1600 Dust).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The card changes were actually rolled out at around 5PM PT on April 8, which is 12 hours before this patch. However, the changes could only be seen in the gameplay, with some passive enchantments added on the server-side and applied on them.
- The changes to Arena were also already rolled out at the same time.