Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
The official patch notes announcement can be found here.
Patch notes[edit | edit source]
Rastakhan's Rumble is nigh! This Hearthstone update makes the final preparations and readies the Tavern for the arrival of Hearthstone's newest expansion starting December 4! We’re also adding a Fireside Gatherings Pre-release event for Rastakhan's Rumble, stocking up on Winter Veil decorations, and fixing some bugs.
Read on for details!
Rastakhan's Rumble Approaches![edit | edit source]
Rastakhan's Rumble, is a knock-down, drag-out, no-holds-barred expansion for Hearthstone featuring 135 new cards, starting December 4! Get ready to rumble with:
- Legendary Champions and Loa minions for all nine classes!
- Enhance their powers with new Rare quality Spirit minion cards!
- New keyword: Overkill! Do extra damage for powerful bonuses!
- Rastakhan's Rumble free single player content, Rumble Run, opens December 13.
- For a limited time after Rastakhan’s Rumble begins on December 4, log in to claim 6 Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs, as well as a random Legendary Loa minion and 2 copies of the Spirit card for the same Class—FREE!
Rastakhan’s Rumble Pre-Release[edit | edit source]
Attend a special Pre-Release Fireside Gathering between November 30 at 10:00 am PST through December 3 at 10:00 am PST to open your Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs and Tavern Brawl with the new cards EARLY before the official release date! Find one at www.FiresideGatherings.com
Choose One Minions[edit | edit source]
- When choosing a minion to Transform into, these cards now show the minions the card can become. Affected cards include: Shellshifter, Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Flame, Druid of the Saber, Druid of the Scythe, and Druid of the Swarm.
Winter Veil![edit | edit source]
- Be sure to visit the Tavern starting December 18 to cozy up by the fire for a nice round of Hearthstone!
Days of the Frozen Throne[edit | edit source]
- A chilly new celebration is coming!
- New quests with huge rewards!
- A free golden card!
- A new Tavern Brawl celebrating the Death Knights!
Card backs[edit | edit source]
Added the following card backs:
- Winter Veil Treat – Acquired from Winter Veil 2018.
- Chillin’ – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, January 2019.
- Pizza Stone – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, February 2019.
- Rumble Runner – Acquired from successfully completing a Rumble Run.
Game Improvements & Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Game Mechanics Update – Different damage redirection effects can chain with each other, but each one will only occur once. Re-directed damage is applied before modifiers (e.g. Cursed Blade) and will only damage the final target once.
- Added a black and purple sparkle effect to indicate when cards and powers that normally provide healing will do damage instead (such as when affected by Auchenai Soulpriest).
- The Rogue Quest card, Crystal Core, now applies to minions in your deck, rather than applying after they are drawn.
- Enchantment tiles now use a square border like history tiles.
- Deathrattles that move a card to hand or deck will no longer sometimes prevent its other Deathrattle effects from triggering.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Augmented Elekk from activating.
- Tracking will no longer sometimes make a card invisible when your hand is full.
- Resolved various minor UI and visual issues.
- Resolved several interaction issues in single-player content. Set watermarks will no longer appear on non-collectible cards.
- New Player Experience
- An Undo button is now available after disenchanting a Wild card when in New Player Ranks.
- When at Legend in both Standard and Wild, if the Wild rank is higher, it will once again be shown on the Quest Log and Friends List.