Unofficial patch notes[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Quest system introduced, featuring 35 quests.
Card changes[edit | edit source]
All Classes[edit | edit source]
- NOOOOOOOOOOOO (New) - Somehow, the card you USED to have has been deleted. Here, have this one instead! Type: Ability Set: Basic Cost: 2
- Abusive Sergeant - Stats changed from 1/1 to 2/1.
- Captain's Parrot - moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.
- Core Hound - Stats changed from 9/4 to 9/5.
- Cult Master - Stats changed from 3/4 to 4/3.
- Dark Summoner - was replaced with Spiteful Smith: Enrage: Your weapon has +2 Attack. Costs 5 Mana, has 4 Attack, and 6 Health. The old card made the first minion you play each turn cost (3) less.
- DEBUG (New) - Debug text Type: Minion Set: DEBUG Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 5
- Festering Pestilence (New) - Debug text Type: Minion Set: DEBUG2
- Flame of Azzinoth (New) - Type: Minion Set: Expert Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 1
- Illidan Stormrage - Cost changed from 7 to 6. Stats changed from 7/7 to 7/6. Text changed from "Battlecry: Both players discard 3 cards and draw 3 cards." to "Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth."
- Imp Master - Stats changed from 1/6 to 1/5.
- Jadefire Satyr - changed into the Stranglethorn Tiger.
- Knife Juggler - had a wording change from "whenever you play" to "after you summon". Stats changed from 2/3 to 3/2.
- Leper Gnome - Stats changed from 1/1 to 2/1.
- Lord of the Arena - Stats changed from 6/4 to 6/5.
- Lorewalker Cho - Cost changed from 1 to 2. Stats changed from 1/3 to 1/4
- Mana Addict - now grants 2 Attack this turn whenever you cast a spell, down from 3.
- Mana Wraith - Stats changed from 2/2 to 1/3.
- Master Swordsmith - Stats changed from 2/2 to 1/3.
- Mind Control Tech - Text changed from "Battlecry: Swap this with a random enemy minion." to "Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, gain control of one at random."
- Murloc Tidecaller - had a wording change from "played" to "summoned".
- Murloc Warleader - now causes other Murlocs to have +2/+1, up from +1/+1.
- Nat Pagle - Stats changed from 0/5 to 0/4.
- Old Murk-Eye - moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.
- Onyxia - Text changed from "Whenever you draw a card, deal 2 damage to ALL characters." to "Battlecry: Summon 1/1 Whelps until your side of the battlefield is full."
- Poultryizer - changed from "random enemy minion" to "random minion".
- Repair Bot - Text changed from "At the end of your turn, restore 3 Health to all friendly characters" to "At the end of your turn, restore 3 Health to all characters".
- Secretkeeper - now activates when a Secret is played, rather than when it is revealed. Stats changed from 2/1 to 1/2.
- Shieldbearer - Text changed from "Taunt. Enrage: +1 Attack" to "Taunt".
- Stormwind Champion - Now costs 7 Mana, up from 6.
- Wild Pyromancer - Text changed from "Whenever you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to a random enemy" to "After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to all minions".
- Young Priestess - Stats changed from 1/2 to 2/1.
Druid[edit | edit source]
- Bear Form - now grants 2 Health, down from 3.
- Bite - Text changed from "Give your hero +6 Attack this turn" to "Give your hero +4 Attack this turn and 4 Armor".
- Claw - Text changed from "Give your hero +3 Attack this turn" to "Give your hero +2 Attack this turn and 2 Armor"
- Force of Nature - now costs 6 Mana, up from 5.
- Naturalize - now costs 1 Mana, down from 2.
- Druid of the Claw - Text changed from "Choose one: Charge; or +3 Health and Taunt" to "Choose one: Charge; or +2 Health and Taunt".
- Druid of the Claw - now has 6 Health, down from 7.
Hunter[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Shot - Now does 5 damage to target and 2 damage to adjacent minions, instead of 6 damage to target and 1 to adjacent minions.
- Explosive Trap - now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Freezing Trap - No longer Freezes the enemy for two turns. Now causes the triggering minion to be returned to its owner's hand and cost (2) more.
- Darkspear Hunter - Removed. Previously caused Beasts to gain +1/+1 whenever you played a Beast.
- New card - Savannah Highmane. Deathrattle: Summon two 2/2 Hyenas. Costs 6 Mana, has 6 Attack, and 5 Health.
- Hyena (New) - Type: Minion Set: Expert Class: Hunter Race: Beast Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 2
- Starving Buzzard - had a wording change from "play" to "summon".
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Mirror Entity - now activates when your opponent plays a minion, rather than when an enemy minion attacks.
- Spellbender - Text changed from "Secret: When a minion is hit by an enemy spell, summon a 1/1 and hit it instead" to "Secret: When an enemy casts a spell on a minion, summon a 1/3 as the new target"
- Vaporize - Text changed from "Secret: When your opponent plays a minion, destroy it." to "Secret: When an enemy minion attacks, destroy it."
- Kirin Tor Mage - now has 4 Attack, up from 3.
- Mana Wyrm - now has 1 Attack, up from 0.
- Spellbender - now has 3 Health, up from 1.
Paladin[edit | edit source]
- Sword of Justice - now activates whenever you summon a minion, rather than when you play a minion.
Priest[edit | edit source]
- Dark Command - renamed Shadow Madness.
- Fade - moved from the Expert set to the Basic set.
- Mental Collapse - Removed. This card did 1 damage to the enemy hero for each card in his hand.
- New card: Lightspawn. This minion's Attack is equal to its health. Costs 4 Mana. Has 4 Health.
- Mind Vision - now gives you a copy of a random card from your opponent, rather than taking one of your opponent's cards. Now 1 Mana, down from 6.
- Penance - Removed. This card did 3 damage and restored 3 Health to your hero.
- New card: Temple Enforcer, which has a Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +3 Health. Costs 6 Mana, has 5 Attack, and 6 Health.
- Prayer of Fortitude - Removed. This card gave your minions +1/+1. (+1 Attack/+1 Health).
- New card: Inner Fire. Costs 3 Mana and changes a minion's Attack to be equal to its Health.
Rogue[edit | edit source]
- Adrenaline Rush - Removed.
- Betrayal - now costs 2 Mana, down from 3.
- Blade Flurry - now deals damage to all enemies rather than all enemy minions.
- Conceal - now costs 1 Mana, up from 0.
- Fan of Knives - now does 1 damage, down from 1-2. Damage is now done to all enemies, rather than just enemy minions. Now also draws you a card.
Shaman[edit | edit source]
- Earth Shock - had a wording change to reflect that Silence happens before doing damage.
- Mana Spring Totem - Removed. This card made cards cost (1) less.
- New card: Far Sight. Draw a card. That card costs (3) less. Costs 3 Mana.
Warlock[edit | edit source]
- Death Coil - renamed to Mortal Coil.
- Demonfire - Now states that the +2/+2 is only applied to friendly Demons.
- Dread Infernal - Stats changed from 5/5 to 6/6.
- Flame Imp - no longer has Stealth.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice - renamed to Sacrificial Pact.
- Summoning Portal - now costs 4 Mana, up from 3.
Warrior[edit | edit source]
- Commanding Shout - now costs 1 Mana, down from 2.
- Death Wish - Removed. This card caused your hero to lose all Armor and gain +1 Attack for each Armor lost.
- New card: Shield Slam. Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have. Costs 1 Mana.
- Armorsmith - Stats changed from 2/3 to 1/4.
String changes[edit | edit source]
Numerous string changes were made with this patch. See Hearthpwn's announcement for details.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- The Forge is now named "the Arena". [This change was mentioned in an official preview stream on 2013-07-27. This patch included string changes apparently introducing the term 'Arena'.]
- The Arena now costs gold instead of card packs, and players no longer keep the cards chosen. [This change is mentioned in the official preview stream, alongside the explanation of the name change.]
References[edit | edit source]