As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Unofficial patch notes[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Quest system introduced, featuring 35 quests.
Card changes[edit | edit source]
All Classes[edit | edit source]
- NOOOOOOOOOOOO (New) - Somehow, the card you USED to have has been deleted. Here, have this one instead! Type: Ability Set: Basic Cost: 2
- Abusive Sergeant - Stats changed from 1/1 to 2/1.
- Captain's Parrot - moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.
- Core Hound - Stats changed from 9/4 to 9/5.
- Cult Master - Stats changed from 3/4 to 4/3.
- Dark Summoner - was replaced with Spiteful Smith: Enrage: Your weapon has +2 Attack. Costs 5 Mana, has 4 Attack, and 6 Health. The old card made the first minion you play each turn cost (3) less.
- DEBUG (New) - Debug text Type: Minion Set: DEBUG Cost: 5 Attack: 5 Health: 5
- Festering Pestilence (New) - Debug text Type: Minion Set: DEBUG2
- Flame of Azzinoth (New) - Type: Minion Set: Expert Cost: 1 Attack: 2 Health: 1
- Illidan Stormrage - Cost changed from 7 to 6. Stats changed from 7/7 to 7/6. Text changed from "Battlecry: Both players discard 3 cards and draw 3 cards." to "Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth."
- Imp Master - Stats changed from 1/6 to 1/5.
- Jadefire Satyr - changed into the Stranglethorn Tiger.
- Knife Juggler - had a wording change from "whenever you play" to "after you summon". Stats changed from 2/3 to 3/2.
- Leper Gnome - Stats changed from 1/1 to 2/1.
- Lord of the Arena - Stats changed from 6/4 to 6/5.
- Lorewalker Cho - Cost changed from 1 to 2. Stats changed from 1/3 to 1/4
- Mana Addict - now grants 2 Attack this turn whenever you cast a spell, down from 3.
- Mana Wraith - Stats changed from 2/2 to 1/3.
- Master Swordsmith - Stats changed from 2/2 to 1/3.
- Mind Control Tech - Text changed from "Battlecry: Swap this with a random enemy minion." to "Battlecry: If your opponent has 4 or more minions, gain control of one at random."
- Murloc Tidecaller - had a wording change from "played" to "summoned".
- Murloc Warleader - now causes other Murlocs to have +2/+1, up from +1/+1.
- Nat Pagle - Stats changed from 0/5 to 0/4.
- Old Murk-Eye - moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.
- Onyxia - Text changed from "Whenever you draw a card, deal 2 damage to ALL characters." to "Battlecry: Summon 1/1 Whelps until your side of the battlefield is full."
- Poultryizer - changed from "random enemy minion" to "random minion".
- Repair Bot - Text changed from "At the end of your turn, restore 3 Health to all friendly characters" to "At the end of your turn, restore 3 Health to all characters".
- Secretkeeper - now activates when a Secret is played, rather than when it is revealed. Stats changed from 2/1 to 1/2.
- Shieldbearer - Text changed from "Taunt. Enrage: +1 Attack" to "Taunt".
- Stormwind Champion - Now costs 7 Mana, up from 6.
- Wild Pyromancer - Text changed from "Whenever you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to a random enemy" to "After you cast a spell, deal 1 damage to all minions".
- Young Priestess - Stats changed from 1/2 to 2/1.
Druid[edit | edit source]
- Bear Form - now grants 2 Health, down from 3.
- Bite - Text changed from "Give your hero +6 Attack this turn" to "Give your hero +4 Attack this turn and 4 Armor".
- Claw - Text changed from "Give your hero +3 Attack this turn" to "Give your hero +2 Attack this turn and 2 Armor"
- Force of Nature - now costs 6 Mana, up from 5.
- Naturalize - now costs 1 Mana, down from 2.
- Druid of the Claw - Text changed from "Choose one: Charge; or +3 Health and Taunt" to "Choose one: Charge; or +2 Health and Taunt".
- Druid of the Claw - now has 6 Health, down from 7.
Hunter[edit | edit source]
- Explosive Shot - Now does 5 damage to target and 2 damage to adjacent minions, instead of 6 damage to target and 1 to adjacent minions.
- Explosive Trap - now activates when your hero is attacked, rather than when a minion damages your hero.
- Freezing Trap - No longer Freezes the enemy for two turns. Now causes the triggering minion to be returned to its owner's hand and cost (2) more.
- Darkspear Hunter - Removed. Previously caused Beasts to gain +1/+1 whenever you played a Beast.
- New card - Savannah Highmane. Deathrattle: Summon two 2/2 Hyenas. Costs 6 Mana, has 6 Attack, and 5 Health.
- Hyena (New) - Type: Minion Set: Expert Class: Hunter Race: Beast Cost: 2 Attack: 2 Health: 2
- Starving Buzzard - had a wording change from "play" to "summon".
Mage[edit | edit source]
- Mirror Entity - now activates when your opponent plays a minion, rather than when an enemy minion attacks.
- Spellbender - Text changed from "Secret: When a minion is hit by an enemy spell, summon a 1/1 and hit it instead" to "Secret: When an enemy casts a spell on a minion, summon a 1/3 as the new target"
- Vaporize - Text changed from "Secret: When your opponent plays a minion, destroy it." to "Secret: When an enemy minion attacks, destroy it."
- Kirin Tor Mage - now has 4 Attack, up from 3.
- Mana Wyrm - now has 1 Attack, up from 0.
- Spellbender - now has 3 Health, up from 1.
Paladin[edit | edit source]
- Sword of Justice - now activates whenever you summon a minion, rather than when you play a minion.
Priest[edit | edit source]
- Dark Command - renamed Shadow Madness.
- Fade - moved from the Expert set to the Basic set.
- Mental Collapse - Removed. This card did 1 damage to the enemy hero for each card in his hand.
- New card: Lightspawn. This minion's Attack is equal to its health. Costs 4 Mana. Has 4 Health.
- Mind Vision - now gives you a copy of a random card from your opponent, rather than taking one of your opponent's cards. Now 1 Mana, down from 6.
- Penance - Removed. This card did 3 damage and restored 3 Health to your hero.
- New card: Temple Enforcer, which has a Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +3 Health. Costs 6 Mana, has 5 Attack, and 6 Health.
- Prayer of Fortitude - Removed. This card gave your minions +1/+1. (+1 Attack/+1 Health).
- New card: Inner Fire. Costs 3 Mana and changes a minion's Attack to be equal to its Health.
Rogue[edit | edit source]
- Adrenaline Rush - Removed.
- Betrayal - now costs 2 Mana, down from 3.
- Blade Flurry - now deals damage to all enemies rather than all enemy minions.
- Conceal - now costs 1 Mana, up from 0.
- Fan of Knives - now does 1 damage, down from 1-2. Damage is now done to all enemies, rather than just enemy minions. Now also draws you a card.
Shaman[edit | edit source]
- Earth Shock - had a wording change to reflect that Silence happens before doing damage.
- Mana Spring Totem - Removed. This card made cards cost (1) less.
- New card: Far Sight. Draw a card. That card costs (3) less. Costs 3 Mana.
Warlock[edit | edit source]
- Death Coil - renamed to Mortal Coil.
- Demonfire - Now states that the +2/+2 is only applied to friendly Demons.
- Dread Infernal - Stats changed from 5/5 to 6/6.
- Flame Imp - no longer has Stealth.
- Grimoire of Sacrifice - renamed to Sacrificial Pact.
- Summoning Portal - now costs 4 Mana, up from 3.
Warrior[edit | edit source]
- Commanding Shout - now costs 1 Mana, down from 2.
- Death Wish - Removed. This card caused your hero to lose all Armor and gain +1 Attack for each Armor lost.
- New card: Shield Slam. Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have. Costs 1 Mana.
- Armorsmith - Stats changed from 2/3 to 1/4.
String changes[edit | edit source]
Numerous string changes were made with this patch. See Hearthpwn's announcement for details.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- The Forge is now named "the Arena". [This change was mentioned in an official preview stream on 2013-07-27. This patch included string changes apparently introducing the term 'Arena'.]
- The Arena now costs gold instead of card packs, and players no longer keep the cards chosen. [This change is mentioned in the official preview stream, alongside the explanation of the name change.]
References[edit | edit source]