|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Summon|
|Tags:||Death-related, Random, Resurrection effect|
Battlecry: Summon a friendly minion that died this game.
B4 is a nice place to visit, but he wouldn't want to live there.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Onyx Bishop||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's Battlecry functions the same as Resurrect. For detailed notes, see Resurrection effect.
- Although not stated in its card text, the minion summoned by Onyx Bishop's Battlecry is randomly selected from all friendly minions that have died that game.
- Since this minion's effect is a Battlecry, it is thus affected by cards such as Brann Bronzebeard, which will allow it to resurrect two random minions in one turn, or potentially two copies of one minion. However, this will only happen if Brann is already present on the board when the Onyx Bishop is played. If it resurrects Brann, its Battlecry will not activate a second time.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Essentially a 3 drop (with a decent 3/4 body) with a Resurrect effect attached to it. Often a good choice for tempo and board presence when played immediately on turn 5, as many popular early game priest minions often have important effects attached to them. Minions such as Northshire Cleric, Wild Pyromancer, Acolyte of Pain, and Auchenai Soulpriest are all popular early game priest cards that can alter the state of the board.
It is also worth noting that like Resurrect, Onyx Bishop revives the minion at full Health and without any enchantments, thus cards such as Injured Blademaster or Injured Kvaldir will be revived with their full base Health and not have their Battlecry trigger. This can prove a rather advantageous as the player will have essentially a 7/11 minion or a 5/8 minion on board for only 5 mana.
This card also has some synergy with Barnes, and to an extent, Herald Volazj as well. Since the 1/1 summoned copies are actual minions but with a 1/1 enchanment placed on them, Onyx Bishop will later on revive them with their full base stats. This opens up many possibilities of being able to play important late game cards several turns early. An example would be for Barnes to summon a 1/1 copy of Sylvanas Windrunner (which quickly dies or is removed), thus allowing for Onyx Bishop a chance of reviving a regular copy of Sylvanas, complete with 5/5 stats.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The game begins.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16821 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2016-08-06).