|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Tags:||Pirate-related, Stealth-granting, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you summon a Pirate, gain Stealth.
When pirates say there is no "Eye" in "team," they are very literal about it.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden One-eyed Cheat||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A valid strategy to use with One-eyed Cheat is to attack the enemy hero directly, then play a Pirate to put One-Eyed Cheat back into Stealth. Southsea Deckhand can be utilized for quick bursts of damage with One-eyed Cheat and to trigger its effect. Do not play this card unsupported; it is unlikely to survive a single turn. While this hit-and-run approach maximizes the One-Eyed Cheat's survival chances, be aware that his 1 Health means that any AoE damage will destroy him, as may effects like Arcane Missiles, Madder Bomber or Avenging Wrath.
It may be desirable to play this card in the early game against an opponent who cannot deal with it or be forced to play premium removal to get rid of it, such as a priest. A good strategy is to play One-eyed Cheat with Patches the Pirate in the deck, allowing One-eyed Cheat to immediately gain Stealth.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Yaharr! I'll hide in the back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At the time of its introduction, One-eyed Cheat was the only class-specific Pirate minion. This ended with the addition of Buccaneer in The Grand Tournament.
- One-Eyed Cheat was the original reason for the removal of the card that would become Patches the Pirate from The Grand Tournament, since it would have been "an un-attackable 4 damage every turn". The relegation of One-Eyed Cheat to Wild format eventually made the release of Patches possible, preventing it from achieving problematic power levels in Standard format, while its higher power level would not be considered problematic in Wild format.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 18.104.22.16834 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on reddit. (2016-11-05).
- Hearthpwn - Whispers of the Old Gods Developer Q&A Transcript, This Week in Card Reveals. (2016-04-10).