|Set:||Hall of Fame|
|Abilities:||Charge, Increment attribute|
|Tags:||Battlefield-related, Murloc-related, Ongoing effect|
Charge. Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield.
He's a legend among murlocs. "Mrghllghghllghg!", they say.
To see the Battlegrounds minion, see Old Murk-Eye (Battlegrounds)
How to get[edit | edit source]
Old Murk-Eye can be obtained through crafting only.
|Golden Old Murk-Eye||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A 4 mana 2/4 minion, Old Murk-Eye provides Murloc-themed aggro decks a late-game finisher (late by this deck's standards) through utilizing its Charge ability. This card is best played as a game-finishing attack that your opponent was not preparing for. This is the only powerful Murloc card with Charge.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Old Murk-Eye is a murloc leader who terrorises the coast of Westfall. He coerced the weaker minded murlocs to raid the Westfall Lighthouse with him, claiming the area for the murlocs.
- Old Murk-Eye is a level 20 named murloc that patrols the shore of Westfall, near the old Westfall Lighthouse. Captain Grayson wants Murk-Eye killed. Murk-Eye is slightly stronger than his murloc lackeys around him.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
If Old Murk-Eye is played during the Giantfin encounter, Giantfin responds "Middlefin, what are you doing here?" This suggests familiarity, possibly even a familial relationship between the two; note the scale of Tinyfin, Middlefin, Giantfin and Megafin. As Giantfin himself is original to Hearthstone, this is clearly a new piece of lore.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The card art for Murloc Scout/Murloc (minion), Murloc Raider and Old Murk-Eye originate from the same picture.
- Old Murk-Eye may have originally been inspired by Old One Eye, a unique Tyranid Carnifex from Warhammer 40,000.
- Prior to Whispers of the Old Gods Old Murk-Eye was not craftable but had to be earned through collecting each Classic Murloc. The quest "Mrglglglgl!" awarded 1 regular copy to the player upon collecting regular copies of all Classic Murlocs, while "Golden Mrglglglgl!" awarded 1 golden copy to the player upon collecting golden versions of all Basic and Classic Murlocs. The accompanying patch removed the quests, and made Old Murk-Eye craftable instead.
- Prior to these changes, Old Murk-Eye was the cheapest legendary card in the game to obtain, requiring only 700 dust to craft one of each other non-Basic Murlocs, compared to the 1600 dust required to directly craft any other legendary. The cost could be considered even lower since most players would already have collected some of the required Murlocs, especially if intending to build a Murloc deck. However, obtaining the golden version required 4000 dust to craft the golden Classic Murlocs, and required levelling four different classes to 53 in order to obtain the golden Basic Murlocs. For players wishing to obtain both versions, this made it cheapest to craft only the golden versions of the required Murlocs.
- Old Murk-Eye was one of the only Murlocs whose effect was not changed on Patch 22.214.171.12481 (2016-10-20) to no longer have its card effect affected by enemy Murlocs. This was not an oversight, but something the developers "decided against" changing.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04) Moved to the Hall of Fame set.
- Patch 188.8.131.5274 (2016-04-24): No longer a reward from collecting Basic and Classic Murlocs. Can now be crafted instead. [This change was later temporarily reverted, and finally reinstated in a hotfix on May 4.]
- Patch 184.108.40.20688 (2013-06-22): Moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.