Players only have 15 seconds to take their turns.
Time to write some flavor text.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Destroying Nozdormu will immediately cancel his effect, restoring time to the round.
- After the release of TGT, some players built decks to combine Nozdormu with Joust cards to exploit the length of the jousting animation to force their opponent to skip their turns, hence winning the game. This was eventually hotfixed.
- Nozdormu is able to be used to skip an opponent's entire turn.
- If Nozdormu is being placed on the board via Put into battlefield effects such as Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound, its "Sandstorm" visual effect will not get activated.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
At 9 mana for an 8/8 minion, Nozdormu appears to be a poor card. Its true power lies in its unique ability to cut a 70-second turn for both players into a 15-second turn. As soon as Nozdormu is summoned to the battlefield the pace of a game quickens in such a way that the opponent may become flustered and rush their thoughts and make mistakes from such pressure, allowing the fast-thinking players to succeed most when playing this card.
This effect generally makes the largest difference against inexperienced or easily flustered players, and those with numerous cards in their hand. It is therefore quite possible for the effect to provide a greater disadvantage for the summoning player than for the opponent, or in many cases an equal disadvantage. In order to avoid this, the summoning player may want to devise a rough plan for their next few turns before playing the card.
A user of Nozdormu may want to sustain the fast pace the great dragon brings to the battle with Stealth shrouding it from your opponent's removal cards such as Polymorph, Hex or even Hunter's Mark. A rogue deck can succeed in this strategy by using Conceal in the same turn you summon Nozdormu, allowing you at least one good attack with the dragon aspect as well as at least one more 15-second turn for your opponent to hopefully make more mistakes with.
Finally, if planning to perform other actions in the same turn as summoning Nozdormu (such as playing low-cost cards or attacking), you may want to do those actions first, wait for a short period of time, then quickly play Nozdormu and end the round. This will ensure that all other animations are complete on the opponent's end before Nozdormu's effect begins, minimising the time available to the opponent to prepare themselves. This is seen as a bug, and may be considered unsporting, though.
Nozdormu may also have some utility against bots or players using older or mobile devices; the bots may take a long time to make a move, while older devices may take longer to render card animations and players may take more time manipulating a mobile device.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Just in time.
- Your time is up!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Nozdormu the Timeless is one of the five Great Aspects empowered by the titans to watch over Azeroth. He fought against the demons during the War of the Ancients. Following this intervention, he retreated into seclusion, immersing himself in his duties. He emerges only infrequently, when events require his direct presence. He intervened in the defeat of Deathwing at the hands of Krasus and his allies, one of the few times he has been seen in the skies of Azeroth.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode states that Nozdormu was a particularly difficult card for the team to create, mostly due to bugs with the card's effect.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Elements" series, for the card Nozdormu the Timeless.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04) Sandstorm visual will no longer persist if he is returned to a player’s hand.
- Hotfix (2015-09-03): No longer interacts with the animations of Joust and Youthful Brewmaster in a manner as to allow portions of players' turns to be skipped.
- Patch 220.127.116.1186 (2015-08-18): Has a new musical "stinger".
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2013-10-02): Has a new visual effect.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kripp playing with Nozdormu-Joust interaction - YouTube. (2015-09-03). Retrieved on 2017-02-24.
- Hotfix for Nozdormu-Joust interaction - Battle.net. (2017-02-24).
- Skipping entire turn with Nozdormu, in Tavern Brawl Cloneball! - YouTube. (2017-02-24). Retrieved on 2017-02-24.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-12-30).