|Abilities:||Choose One, Draw cards|
Choose One - Gain 2 Mana Crystals; or Draw 3 cards.
Druids take nourishment from many things: the power of nature, the songbird's chirp, a chocolate cake.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Choose One[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell's first Choose One effect grants its caster 2 filled Mana Crystals, that can be used that turn.
- Unlike Wild Growth, Astral Communion and Pilfered Power, this card does not generate Excess Mana if played when you already have 10 Mana Crystals, since it still has a beneficial effect (the possibility to draw three cards instead).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Gain 2 mana crystals[edit | edit source]
This option grants the druid 2 additional mana crystals. These mana crystals are permanent, and are full when they are granted. This means that choosing this option in effect costs only 4 mana, although it still requires 6 mana to play.
Many people never choose the "gain 2 mana crystals" option because it costs 6 mana crystals. However, the advantage gained in earlier rounds by advancing your mana progression is substantial. In control vs control matchups, the mana gain can be a substantial boon, allowing the player to play huge threats or make efficient turns without the fear of falling behind tempo. Thanks to the addition of powerful high-cost draw and defensive catch-up cards like Branching Paths, Spreading Plague, and Ultimate Infestation, it's fairly easy to recover after playing Nourish for mana.
Used in combination with Innervate and Wild Growth, choosing this option can allow the druid to very quickly expand their mana pool, albeit it at the cost of other action. In ideal circumstances, the druid can play Innervate x 2 followed by Nourish on their first turn, and Wild Growth x 2 on their second turn, allowing the druid to arrive at the start of their third turn with 7 mana crystals. However, as well as relying on a very unlikely sequence of cards, keep in mind that this strategy will empty your hand and give you no board presence. This will likely leave you taking damage and relying on quickly drawing something useful in order to make up for lost time and board control. Building a deck around such an unlikely amount of cards early in the game is not recommended: Astral Communion achieves much the same result.
Draw 3 cards[edit | edit source]
This option is much simpler: draw 3 cards. This is a powerful card draw effect, and can be very useful at any stage of the game.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Time for the harvest."
- —Dorn the Tranquil
Nourish is a Restoration druid direct healing ability from World of Warcraft that has synergy with several other druid healing effects.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Scent of Nature.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168329 (2018-12-19): Cost increased from 5 to 6.
- Patch 22.214.171.12419 (2016-07-12): Golden art and casting animation updated. Both hands and the leaves are now animated.
References[edit | edit source]
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-03).