|Tags:||Combat-related, Triggered effect|
|Artist:||Zoltan & Gabor|
Secret: When an enemy attacks, summon a 2/1 Defender as the new target.
We will always remember you, "Defender!"
- "Get down!" - Defender
How to get[edit | edit source]
Noble Sacrifice can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Noble Sacrifice can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Noble Sacrifice||400||50|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Note that despite his name and role, the Defender does not have Taunt.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This Secret triggers in response to any minion or hero attack against the controlling hero or any friendly minion, spawning a 2/1 Defender as the new target for the attack.
- Noble Sacrifice takes effect in the same step of the attack sequence as the Forgetful effect, as well as most other Secrets. Therefore, all such effects occur in order of play.
- If Noble Sacrifice was played and triggers first, the attacker may subsequently be redirected to a target other than the summoned Defender by an effect like Forgetful.
- The Defender summoned goes through a complete summoning process, as with any other minion, before the attack completes. In particular:
- He benefits from ongoing effect buffs from minions such as Stormwind Champion, and triggered effects such as Sword of Justice or Steward of Darkshire, which can allow him to survive an attack despite his low Health.
- He causes effects like Knife Juggler's to occur before the attack completes, giving it a chance of destroying an attacking minion, cancelling the attack but leaving the Defender in play.
- The Defender's death triggers death-related effects just as with any other minion. For instance, Redemption would return him to life.
- If the player's board is already full when the friendly target is attacked, the Secret will not be triggered or revealed, but will remain active.
- Noble Sacrifice will still trigger even if the attacker is removed or killed by another triggered effect that activated first, such as Explosive Trap.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is an excellent Secret for when your opponent is bearing down on you, as the Defender it summons will absorb attack damage and deal light retaliation in return. Noble Sacrifice is best against minions with low Health, or to protect against weapon-using classes such as the rogue and warrior.
When playing against paladin Secrets, try attacks using higher-Health or less valuable minions first to bait Noble Sacrifice out.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Should the Defender survive his summoning attack, such as by being attacked by a 1 Attack minion while having a Sword of Justice in play to buff the Defender to 3/2, his quote when commanded to attack is a boasting "hahaha, I LIVE!!".
- This card is sometimes more commonly referred to by its popular given nickname; it is often called 'Get Down', an obvious reference to the Defender's summoning quote.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Vindicator Kentho.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- NightlyGoNews (2014-1-20). Hearthstone Mythbusters Episode 2.