|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Health:|| 30 (Normal)|
The dragon’s loose! Return it to the menagerie!
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
|Normal and Heroic|
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Heroic[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Giant Sand Worm||2|
|Mukla, Tyrant of the Vale||1|
|Ragnaros the Firelord||1|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The strategy for this boss is simple: include as many powerful cards in your deck as possible, regardless of cost. With both heroes having 10 Mana Crystals from the start of the match, very quick victories are possible. Alexstrasza is especially useful.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Encounter selection[edit | edit source]
- This curator is...sorry. Please assist in recapturing the creatures.
Encounter[edit | edit source]
- Loose exhibits may come to harm. They must be restored to the menagerie.
- Curator, we need to rescue Medivh!
- The creatures must be saved. Then you may proceed.
- The Explorer's League has arrived. RENO, PUT BACK THE SILVERWARE!
- The dragon Nightbane. Once called Arcanagos, uncontrolled magic warped his mind.
- On your left, a bust of Aran. To your right, the Lantern of Power.
Playing an Old God
- No! The menagerie must not be corrupted!
- The guest must be gentle. This dragon fears unstable magic.
Victory[edit | edit source]
- Further assistance is required.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "The dragon Nightbane. Once called "Arcanagos", uncontrolled magic warped his mind." - The Curator
Once a powerful member of the blue dragonflight, the dragon Nightbane has somehow ended up as an exhibit in Medivh's menagerie. After being released by the deranged Curator, the player will have to defeat Nightbane in order to progress to the tower's next level.
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- Arcanagos was a powerful blue dragon who traveled to Karazhan back during/prior to the First War to warn Medivh and the surrounding village that something dark and sinister was happening in the area of the tower. He sensed Medivh was being used by a dark and sinister force. Arcanagos pleaded with Medivh to abandon the tower before the situation escalated out of control. When Medivh refused to leave his residence, the blue dragon attempted to remove him by force. The two masters of the arcane fought briefly, trading blows, but the blue wyrm met his match in the corrupted Titan-imbued Guardian of Tirisfal. Burning from a horrific spell from the inside out, Arcanagos frantically flew off and crashed into the mountains of Deadwind Pass, dying a painful death, his bones shattering and falling down to scatter the surrounding area.
- The spell Medivh used against the dragon imparted some of his own essence into Arcanagos. In order to divine information about Medivh, the Violet Eye has adventurers resurrect the dead dragon in order extract the arcane essence. Arcanagos appears, now as a fiery skeletal monstrosity known as Nightbane, and proceeds to attack those who summon him.
- Nightbane is a summonable raid boss in Karazhan. He is a fiery skeletal dragon, transformed by Medivh from Arcanagos and formerly of the blue dragonflight. While not the ruler of Karazhan, a position apparently held by Prince Malchezaar, many consider Nightbane to be the true final boss of the tower, due to his superior difficulty in the early days of the raid's release.
- Nightbane has two phases that he transitions between several times during the course of the fight. During the Ground Phase, tank the boss on the ground in a style reminiscent of Onyxia. At 75%, 50%, and 25% health, he enters the Flight Phase and takes to the sky, during which time the raid's attention is focused elsewhere. After Nightbane finishes casting Rain of Bones and then Smoking Blast he begins a slow descent back down to the platform (to roughly the same location as the original landing) and Phase One begins anew. He is NOT tauntable.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12421 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Special Hearthstone Announcement at ChinaJoy. (2016-07-28).