|Set:||Demon Hunter Initiate|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Summon, Upgradable|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Death-related, Hand-related, Random|
Battlecry: Summon two random 0-Cost minions.
(Upgrades each time a friendly minion dies!)
Missed the big descent with the other dragons. But better late and nether!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Once the regular version has been obtained, the golden version can be crafted and disenchanted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Nethrandamus must be in your hand for his effect to activate.
- The cost of the minions is capped at 10.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Nethrandamus works best with cards that can generate extra minions, such as Satyr Overseer, Ur'zul Horror, and Harvest Golem. He also works spectacularly well with Coordinated Strike and Command the Illidari, which rapidly scale his death count.
However, Nethrandamus has a few key downsides. As a Dragon, he is entirely devoid of Demon Hunter synergies, which typically focus on Demons. He is also a 9 mana minion, which can clog the hand and prevent access to Outcast cards and the effect of Altruis the Outcast. Since he needs to be kept in the hand to increase his effect, this is essentially impossible to ignore. His high cost will also leave you with a dead card in the hand for a long time while he scales.
With the baseline body of an 8/8 that summons two 0-drops (typically 1/1s), Nethrandamus is a playable topdeck in the lategame as a much worse Onyxia.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Gaze into the nether! Find your power!
- Into the void!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Players fly on Nethrandamus during the quest Survey the Land, where he takes players on a tour of the Forge Camps of Nagrand.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Server-side patch (2020-04-02): Now obtainable (locked from use until April 7th, 2020).
- Patch 22.214.171.124222 (2020-03-26): Added.