|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Generate, Overload|
Battlecry: Add 4 random Murlocs to your hand. Overload: (3)
Neptulon is "The Tidehunter". He’s one of the four elemental lords. And he and Ragnaros get together and make really amazing saunas.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each card generated by Neptulon's Battlecry is independently and randomly determined. It is therefore possible to receive multiple copies of the same card from the effect.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A deck already running Murlocs, especially Old Murk-Eye, will benefit most from the pile of Murlocs this card grants. Its effectiveness depends on your ability to survive the Overload turn, during which you will likely be unable to summon all of the generated Murlocs, unless you followed Neptulon with Lava Shock. It can also be effective in non-Murloc control decks as a burst of card advantage.
The chances of getting good Murlocs from Neptulon's Battlecry are higher than most people believe. Think of this card as the Shaman's version of Dr. Boom, that adds Boom Bots into the hand instead of summoning them onto the board.
Possible minions[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Your other Murlocs have +1 Attack. These are the brainy murlocs. It turns out that doesn’t mean much.
Mrrraggglhlhghghlgh, mrgaaag blarrghlgaahahl mrgggg glhalhah a bghhll graggmgmg Garrosh mglhlhlh mrghlhlhl!!
Charge He just wants a hug. A sloppy... slimy... hug.
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 Murloc Scout. "Death will rise, from the tides!"
High mortality rate, from often being hugged to death.
Lifesteal His favorite spell is Chum Explosion.
Battlecry: Give a random Murloc in your hand +1/+1. Listen, see? We'll take 'em to the docks, see? And throw 'em in the sea, see?
Battlecry: Give a friendly Murloc Poisonous. I'm addicted to him, but I know that he's Toxfin.
Battlecry: Summon a 1/1 Ooze with Taunt. Bile actually makes for surprisingly sturdy fins.
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage. Imagine how much further his darts would go if he had lungs instead of gills!
Battlecry: Freeze an enemy. He may be frozen fish, but he fights fresh!
|Ghost Light Angler||Common||Murloc||Shaman||2||2||2|
Battlecry: Discover a Secret. Murloc hydrologists are pretty rare. Most murloc undergrads pick computer science.
He pays homage to Morgl, the great murloc oracle! (Who doesn't??)
Battlecry: Give a friendly Murloc +1/+1. Loves crab meat. Fears crabs.
Battlecry: If you control another Murloc, Discover a Murloc. Lookout is a self-appointed title that's mostly an excuse to beat things up.
Inspire: Summon a random Murloc. Hee hee! Look at his cute little feet.
Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack. This guy gets crazy strong at family reunions.
Battlecry: Add a Lackey to your hand. Overload: (1) You can't stop slurping this delicious sludge!
After you play a Murloc, add a random Murloc to your hand. Attracts murlocs... and moths.
Battlecry: Each player draws 2 cards. They can see the future. In that future both players draw more cards. Spoooky.
Battlecry: Give your other Murlocs +2 Health. The Coldlight murlocs reside in the darkest pits of the Abyssal Depths. So no, there's no getting away from murlocs.
Deathrattle: Draw 2 Murlocs from your deck. He was destined for the soup. One way or another…
Battlecry: The next Murloc you play this turn costs Health instead of Mana. Pretty harmless unless you're a Seadevil.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to all non-Murloc minions. For seers, it's very handy to have your crystal ball hanging right in front of your face.
Battlecry: Your Hero Power becomes 'Summon a 1/1 Murloc.' Nobody expects the Vilefin Inquisition!
Deathrattle: Return any spells you cast on this minion to your hand. Sure, he'll return your stuff. OVER HIS DEAD BODY!
Your other Murlocs have +2 Attack. Do Murlocs ever get tired of making the same old sound? Nope! Mrglglrglglglglglglgl!
Whenever another friendly Murloc dies, draw a card. Overload: (1) The elements respond to anyone who calls them for a worthy cause, even if you call them by yelling, "MRGHRGLGLGL!"
|Sir Finley Mrrgglton||Legendary||Murloc||Any||1||1||3|
Battlecry: Discover a new basic Hero Power. In addition to fluent Common, he also speaks fourteen dialects of 'mrgl'.
Charge. Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield. He's a legend among murlocs. "Mrghllghghllghg!", they say.
Your Murlocs cost (1). Wanna know how he got those scars? So does he.
|Finja, the Flying Star||Legendary||Murloc||Any||5||2||4|
Stealth. Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, summon 2 Murlocs from your deck. The last true master of Finjitsu.
|Showing all 33 cards|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Witness the power of pure water!
- Have a drink!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Neptulon the Tidehunter is one of the four Elemental Lords. He fought against the Titans. He did not ally himself with Deathwing, and his current status is unknown.
- The Old Gods' armies were led by the powerful Elemental Lords: Ragnaros the Firelord, Therazane the Stonemother, Al'Akir the Windlord, and Neptulon the Tidehunter, who is the strongest of them all. Their chaotic forces raged across the face of the world and clashed with the colossal Titans. Though the elementals were powerful beyond mortal comprehension, their combined forces could not stop the mighty Titans. One by one, the elemental lords fell, and their forces dispersed.
- The Pantheon shattered the Old Gods' citadels and chained the four elemental gods far beneath the surface of the world. Without the Old Gods' power to keep their raging spirits bound to the physical world, the elementals were banished to an abyssal plane, where they would contend with one another for all eternity. With the elementals' departure, nature calmed, and the world settled into a peaceful harmony.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Neptulon.
- Neptulon was going to be given his full title of "Neptulon the Tidehunter", similar to Ragnaros the Firelord and Al'Akir the Windlord, but the full name was "just barely" too long to fit on the card. His title was however worked into the card's flavor text.
- Zeriyah shared the following regarding the inclusion of Neptulon and his relation to murlocs:
- "Neptulon was an interesting card we talked about with the designers early on - mostly about the flavor of Neptulon summoning Murlocs. He doesn't really do that in WoW, but the Murloc type is a cool part of Hearthstone, so the elemental lord of water summoning a host of his water-dwelling minions was a pretty cool concept."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04) Now an Elemental; previously no minion type.
- Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.