|Tags:||Random, Triggered effect|
At the start of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw an extra card.
Nat Pagle, Azeroth's premier fisherman! He invented the Auto-Angler 3000, the Extendo-Pole 3000, and the Lure-o-matic 2099 (still in testing).
- For the minion card from the Whispers of the Old Gods set, see Nat, the Darkfisher.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Nat Pagle||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The purpose of Nat Pagle is to gain a draw advantage over your opponent while acting as a wall. He is fairly hard to kill early game (turn 2) and, throughout the game, can give a large advantage to the player who controls him. If used well he can be buffed and will be a great resource all game long. This card also works exceptionally well after being stealthed in a rogue deck.
Because Pagle's triggered effect activates at the start of the controlling player's turn, the opposing player has a single turn in which to try to remove him before there is a chance of an extra card being drawn. If the player can do so, Pagle can be considered to have been of little use, other than to possibly act as bait for the opponent's removal abilities, and to otherwise delay play by both players for a round.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I can wait and fish all day!
- Effect triggering
- Ha! Caught one!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Nat Pagle is a level 45 fishing trainer located at Nat's Landing on an unnamed island in Tidefury Cove, southwest of the Alliance port city Theramore in the contested territory of Dustwallow Marsh. Currently, Nat Pagle is the most famous and well-known fisherman (or "Angler Extreme") in World of Warcraft. Apparently, he used his fame (or got famous) by launching or licensing his own line of fishing equipment.
He states he has no particular interest in fishing, but has been fishing for 20-30 years. He also says that fishing is "a great excuse to drink ... heavily", and therefore he is assumed to be an alcoholic. This assumption is also supported by the fact that there are many booze bottles found at Pagle's Pointe in the Zul'Gurub instance, which is presumably a former fishing spot of his.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This NPC is named after Blizzard Senior Game Designer Pat Nagle, who is rumored to share the same habits Nat Pagle has: drinking and fishing. Nagle also works on Hearthstone, specifically focusing on Tavern Brawls.
- Nat Pagle and Tinkmaster Overspark underwent major discussion on the role of RNG in competitive tournaments after the ESGN Fight Night Season 3 event (14 Feb 2014) because of its ability to swing games wildly. It was proposed that future competitive tournaments ban Nat Pagle and Tinkmaster Overspark in order to make matches more competitive and skill-based. Blizzard subsequently nerfed both of these cards in Patch 184.108.40.20644 (2014-03-11).
- Nat Pagle's entrance music is taken from Battle for Gnomeregan. This sting is shared with Tinkmaster Overspark, Millhouse Manastorm, Gelbin Mekkatorque, and Captain Greenskin.
- Nat, the Darkfisher is the corrupted version of Nat Pagle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1144 (2014-03-11): Now reads: At the start of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw an extra card. Previously read: At the end of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw a card.
- Patch 18.104.22.16888 (2013-06-22): Now has 4 Health, down from 5.