Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
Naga Sea Witch
|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute|
Your cards cost (5).
If she had studied harder, she would have been a C+ witch.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Naga Sea Witch||400||100|
|Golden Naga Sea Witch||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's ongoing effect sets the mana cost of the cards in its controller's hand to 5, regardless of the original mana cost of those cards.
- This card's effect seems to modify the base cost of the card before other cost increase or reduction is applied, unlike most other Mana cost modifiers which are based on order of play.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is difficult to use. Ideally you would play it on curve then on the next few turns you would be able to play a card you wouldn't normally be able to due to their high mana cost. However due to this effect until Naga Sea Witch's effect ends (by silence or death) you are limited to playing only 1 card per turn until you have 10 Mana Crystals. Then at that point you are limited to two cards per turn. This can greatly limit your tempo if mishandled (in other words If your hand would normally allow you to play more than one card if not for Naga Sea Witch's effect).
Alternatively, you can play this card on turn 10 and immediately follow it up with an expensive card, effectively playing the Naga Sea Witch for free or at a discount.
This card could work in a control deck, playing it on turn 5 (or turn 4 with The Coin) followed by a 9 or 10 mana minion on turn 6/5 - providing the opponent hasn't destroyed the Naga Sea Witch on their turn.
Due to a change (released around the time of Knights of the Frozen Throne in 2017) which seems to cause this card's effect to change the base cost of cards. As such, Naga Sea Witch's effect would be applied before other cost reductions, including the card-text present on the affected cards. A notable effect is causing giants to be much cheaper or mana-free, which for example makes Mountain Giant cost 0 with 5+ cards in hand, Molten Giant to cost 0 from only 25 Health remaining, and so on.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will not be trifled with.
- For the empress.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The serpentine Naga are some of the most formidable villains of Azeroth. Masters of sorcery, the naga were formerly night elves, members of Queen Azshara's court in the War of the Ancients. They were transformed into naga by the Old Gods, and now haunt the seas of Azeroth building a great civilization on the ocean floor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Idra'kess Enchantress.
- Flavour text might refer to test scores in american schools, or be a joke about programming languages C and C++.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5289 (2018-05-22): Cost increased from 5 to 8.
- Patch 184.108.40.20657 (2017-08-08): (Undocumented) Mana cost modifier from this card is now applied before other mana cost modifiers.
- Patch 220.127.116.1133 (2015-11-10): Added.