Naga Sea Witch
|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute|
Your cards cost (5).
If she had studied harder, she would have been a C+ witch.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Naga Sea Witch||400||100|
|Golden Naga Sea Witch||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's ongoing effect sets the mana cost of the cards in its controller's hand to 5, regardless of the original mana cost of those cards.
- This card's effect seems to modify the base cost of the card before other cost increase or reduction is applied, unlike most other Mana cost modifiers which are based on order of play.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is difficult to use. Ideally you would play it on curve then on the next few turns you would be able to play a card you wouldn't normally be able to due to their high mana cost. However due to this effect until Naga Sea Witch's effect ends (by silence or death) you are limited to playing only 1 card per turn until you have 10 Mana Crystals. Then at that point you are limited to two cards per turn. This can greatly limit your tempo if mishandled (in other words If your hand would normally allow you to play more than one card if not for Naga Sea Witch's effect).
Alternatively, you can play this card on turn 10 and immediately follow it up with an expensive card, effectively playing the Naga Sea Witch for free or at a discount.
This card could work in a control deck, playing it on turn 5 (or turn 4 with The Coin) followed by a 9 or 10 mana minion on turn 6/5 - providing the opponent hasn't destroyed the Naga Sea Witch on their turn.
Due to a change which seems to cause this card's effect to change the base cost of cards, this causes cost reduction to apply after this card. This causes giants to be much cheaper, which makes Mountain Giant cost 0 with 5 or more cards in hand, Molten Giant to cost 0 with only 25 Health remaining, and so on.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will not be trifled with.
- For the empress.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The serpentine Naga are some of the most formidable villains of Azeroth. Masters of sorcery, the naga were formerly night elves, members of Queen Azshara's court in the War of the Ancients. They were transformed into naga by the Old Gods, and now haunt the seas of Azeroth building a great civilization on the ocean floor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Idra'kess Enchantress.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): (Undocumented) Mana cost modifier from this card is now applied before other mana cost modifiers.
- Patch 188.8.131.5233 (2015-11-10): Added.