N'Zoth, God of the Deep
|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Summon|
|Tags:||Minion type-related, Random, Resurrection effect|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
|Voice actor:||Darin De Paul|
Battlecry: Resurrect a friendly minion of each minion type.
It really just wants to cuddle all the creatures of Azeroth.
- For other representations of N'Zoth, see N'Zoth (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|N'Zoth, God of the Deep||1600||400|
|Golden N'Zoth, God of the Deep||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each All minion that has died this game can be resurrected as any tribe, allowing N'Zoth to resummon multiple copies of the same minion if multiple copies have died.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
N'Zoth, God of the Deep shares the similar resurrection effect to its old predecessor, but this time resurrecting one of each different minion types. (Beast, Demon, Dragon, Elemental, Mech, Murloc, Pirate, Totem and All.)
Since "All"-type minions count as any other of the minion types, they easily fulfil towards N'Zoth's criteria for resurrection. As such, a simple way to fill the pool of resurrectable minions is to put Circus Amalgam or Nightmare Amalgam into play, before playing N'Zoth to fill your entire board with ease.
N'Zoth is a solid choice for Menagerie-styled decks that contains multiple minion types and synergies revolving around said minion types. Just like his predecessor, he provides a huge amount of tempo once played, regaining board control. The same criteria do apply, however: As there's a limit to the number of minions that can be resurrected, it is recommended that decks running N'Zoth have a good range of minions with fair-high stats for the best result.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- That which has sunken shall rise!
- Through the depths!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- N'Zoth, the Corruptor is the Old God of Madness an Old God who is likely imprisoned beneath Azeroth's oceans, and is responsible for the spark of the Emerald Nightmare corrupting the Emerald Dream. Due to its oceanic nature, it is possible that it is the Old God which turned night elves into naga, corruption of Neltharion into Deathwing and it likely makes several indirect appearances in the quest-chains of the Vashj'ir zone. In ages past, N'Zoth engaged in a long war with C'Thun and Yogg-Saron, with Warlord Zon'ozz leading N'Zoth's army. During the events of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, N'Zoth was a driving force behind the actions of Deathwing and during World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth the Old God once again assaulted Azeroth but was ultimately stopped by Magni and the heroes.
- During the days of the Black Empire, N'Zoth controlled a vast territory in the east of Kalimdor, covering much of what would later become known as the Eastern Kingdoms. Countless ages ago, Warlord Zon'ozz and his soldiers waged endless war in the name of N'Zoth against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron. N'Zoth was the first of the Old Gods to be sealed beneath the surface of Azeroth by the titan-forged after Y'Shaarj's death, though it is not known exactly where (only that its bastion was located somewhat southeast of the Well of Eternity).
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52614 (2020-11-12): Added.