|See other versions: BG Regular and BG Gold|
|Tags:||Murloc-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack.
This guy gets crazy strong at family reunions.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Murloc Tidecaller can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Murloc Tidecaller can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Murloc Tidecaller||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Note that this minion's triggered effect activates whenever you summon a Murloc.
- The timing for Murloc Tidecaller is that its triggered effect activates prior to the application of any auras, and the activation of any card text.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
As a one mana minion benefiting from other summoned minions of the same sub-type, this card is best played on turn one as it has 2 health which can be a little difficult to remove at turn 1 for opponents. Following it up with a strong turn two play like Murloc Tidehunter or Rockpool Hunter can create a huge early game advantage. This card can easily get out of hand, and can be quite difficult and costly to take out if the player is allowed to build a board of murlocs as early as turn 3.
Lore[edit | edit source]
'Tidecaller' seems to refer to a specific role or class, with the title found among many types of murloc, and even other race such as the makrura. In World of Warcraft, the specific name "Murloc Tidecaller" is used by a type of level 16 murloc found in the Redridge Mountains.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Splashtooth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20681 (2016-10-20): Card text now reads "Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 Attack."
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Had a wording change from "played" to "summoned".
- Unknown alpha patch: New art added. Previous art given to Bluegill Warrior.
- Earlier alpha version: Battlecry: Return a random Murloc from your graveyard to your hand. [1 mana, 1 Attack, 2 Health]
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by User:Taohinton 2015-02-02, using both Battlecry and aura-generating murlocs; in all cases the Tidecaller activated first
- File:Development - collection4.jpg