|Tags:||Area of effect, Attack-related|
Battlecry: Destroy all other minions with 2 or less Attack.
The hills have eyes. And teeth. Pretty bad breath, too.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Mossy Horror||1600||400|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mossy Horror is functionally equivalent to Shadow Word: Horror but costing 2 more mana on a 2/7 body. This card works best in decks with plenty of removal and few win conditions that intend to stall the game for long periods of time.
Mossy Horror is most effective as a powerful tool to destroy cards or strategies that revolve around several small minions. It is able to remove minions spawned with Spreading Plague or Giggling Inventor entirely. Additionally, it can be used to destroy 1/3 Voidwalkers that spawn from Voidlord, and minions that spawn from Call to Arms with 2 or less Attack. Finally, it can be paired with cards that reduce enemy minion attack such as Curse of Weakness.
It can also double as an "egg activator" while also removing smaller threats on your opponent's side.
This card works well with Lady in White to produce a 6 mana 7/7 card.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Haahahahaha! Smashing fun!
- More smash!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Mossy Horror does not resemble any creature previously seen in the Warcraft universe, and is unique to Hearthstone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mossy Horror's working title was "Thing of Nightmares". According to card artist Jim Nelson, "the idea was that it was this big, monstrous entity but rather than appearing as some sort of horrific, Lovecraftian nightmare, it's actually sort of charming".
- Perhaps coincidentally, Mossy Horror's name is similar to the priest spell Shadow Word: Horror, which also destroys all minions with 2 or less attack.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12466 (2018-04-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jim Nelson (2018-04-08). Mossy Horror. ArtStation. Retrieved on 2018-04-08.