Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
Monster Hunt is a single-player game mode added with the The Witchwood expansion. The mode released on April 26, 2018, two weeks after the release of the expansion. Monster Hunt is similar to the game mode of Dungeon Runs featured in Kobolds & Catacombs.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- The objective of the Monster Hunt is to defeat eight bosses of increasing difficulty to win the run.
- The player plays as one of four heroes, starting with a deck of ten cards, which differs for each hero.
- The player starts with 10 Health, and gains an additional 5 Health per defeated boss, up to 45 Health for the eighth, and final boss.
- The player always goes first. The enemy also does not get The Coin. On the final round, the boss starts with 2 mana crystals.
- After each round, the player is offered three bundles of three cards each. (listed below) The player can only select one of these three bundles. This allows the player to increase their deck size in tandem with the boss' decks increasing in size.
- After rounds 1 and 5, the player receives a Passive buff, selected from one of three random passive buffs from the pool of Passives. (listed below)
- These passives give a permanent effect to the player for the rest of the run. These are applied at the start of the match, meaning some buffs that affect cards will not affect cards added to your hand or deck later in the game.
- After rounds 3 and 7, the player receives a Treasure card, selected from one of three random cards from the pool of Treasure cards. (listed below) These are very powerful cards, and often have low mana costs.
- If the player beats a run with a given hero for the first time, the hero is given a crown on the selection page.
- Once the player has beaten the run with all four heroes, the Final Challenge is unlocked.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
Four special heroes are featured, each having access to a special hero power and special new cards:
- Tess Greymane – Tracker (Rogue)
- Darius Crowley – Cannoneer (Warrior)
- Houndmaster Shaw – Houndmaster (Hunter)
- Toki, Time-Tinker – Time-Tinker (Mage)
Starting Cards[edit | edit source]
Upon starting a fresh Monster Hunt, a player is given a deck of 10 cards. These decks are always the same for that class. Each deck runs one copy of each of the cards in the below lists.
|Fan of Knives|
|On the Hunt|
|Unleash the Hounds|
Loot Cards[edit | edit source]
Treasures[edit | edit source]
- NB: Artwork for most of the following cards is not yet available.
- Amalgamate: (8 Mana) Destroy all minions. Summon an Amalgamation with the combined Attack and Health.
- Bandage: (2 Mana) Restore all friendly minions to full Health. They can attack again this turn.
- Beastly Beauty: (2 Mana - 2 Attack - 5 Health) Rush. After this attacks a minion and survives, transform this into an 8/8.
- Beautiful Beast: (2 Mana – 8 Attack – 8 Health)
- Bestiary: (8 Mana) Fill your board with copies of random minions from your opponent's deck.
- Blood Moon: (2 Mana) Give your minions +1/+1 and Lifesteal.
- Brass Lantern: (2 Mana) Discover a copy of a card in your deck. Repeat this 2 more times.
- Cartographer: (2 Mana – 1 Attack – 5 Health) Battlecry: Discover a Treasure.
- Chuck: (6 Mana) Discard all minions from your hand and deal their Attack to the enemy hero.
- Coin Pouch: (2 Mana) Summon a random 3-Cost minion. Upgrade this and shuffle it into your deck.
- Creepy Curio: (1 Mana) Summon three 1/1 Ghosts. Upgrade this and shuffle it into your deck.
- Enchanting Tune: (4 Mana) Gain control of all enemy minions. Set their Attack and Health to 1.
- Gattling Gunner: (4 Mana – 5 Attack – 3 Health) Whenever you play a card, deal damage equal to its Cost to a random enemy minion.
- Gentleman's Top Hat: (1 Mana) Give a minion +2/+2 and "Deathrattle: Give your Top Hat to another random friendly minion."
- Gilnean Tracker: (3 Mana – 3 Attack – 3 Health) Rush. At the start of your turn, transform this into a 5/5.
- Gilnean Vigilante: (4 Mana – 6 Attack – 3 Health) Battlecry: Destroy a minion and fill your hand with Coins.
- Grave Mistake: (0 Mana) Trigger all minions' Deathrattles twice.
- Hallowed Water: (7 Mana) Restore your hero to full Health. Draw 5 cards.
- Holy Book: (6 Mana) Silence and destroy a minion. Summon a 10/10 copy of it.
- Murloc Holmes: (2 Mana – 3 Attack – 4 Health) Whenever your opponent draws a card, add a copy to your hand.
- Nalaa the Redeemer: (6 Mana – 9 Attack – 9 Health) Divine Shield. Taunt. After this minion survives damage, gain Divine Shield.
- Old Militia Horn: (2 Mana) Give your minions +1/+1 and Taunt. Upgrade this and shuffle it into your deck.
- Plague of Murlocs: (3 Mana) Give your minions: "Deathrattle: Summon a random Murloc."
- Pristine Compass: (3 Mana) Draw a card and add 2 extra copies of it to your hand. They cost (0).
- Puzzle Box: (1 Mana) Transform all minions into random ones that cost (3) more.
- Ricochet Shot: (5 Mana) Deal 3 damage to a random character. Repeat this 12 times.
- Royal Gift: (4 Mana) Give a minion +2/+2 for each minion you control.
- Sack of Gnomes: (4 Mana) Fill your board with random Gnomes.
- Safe Harbor: (2 Mana) Choose a minion and put it into your hand. It costs (0).
- Scythe: (1 Mana - 1 Attack - 1 Durability) Doesn't lose Durability. When you kill a minion with this weapon, gain +1 Attack.
- Shallow Graves: (9 Mana) Summon 7 random minions that died this game.
- Sneak Attack: (3 Mana) Put 2 random minions from your hand into the battlefield and give them Charge.
- Spyglass: (2 Mana) Echo. Put a copy of a random card in your opponent's hand into yours. It costs (3) less.
- Surly Mob: (2 Mana) Destroy a random enemy minions. Upgrade this and shuffle it into your deck.
- The Exorciser: (3 Mana - 4 Attack - 4 Durability) Silence any minion attacked by this weapon.
- Vampiric Fangs: (3 Mana) Destroy a minion. Restore its Health to your hero.
- Exterminate: (3 Mana) Echo. Deal 10 damage to a minion and any excess to the enemy hero.
- Frenzied Trapper: (5 Mana – 5 Attack – 5 Health) Battlecry: Put 5 random Hunter Secrets into the_battlefield.
- Hunter's Insight: (3 Mana) Reduce the cost of all cards in your hand by (3).
- Hunter of Old: (3 Mana – 3 Attack – 6 Health) Whenever you cast a spell, gain Spell Damage +2.
- Tools of the Trade (2 Mana) Discover one of Tess's weapons and equip it. Return this to your hand.
- Grizzled Reinforcement: (4 Mana – 4 Attack – 3 Health) Battlecry: Summon an extra Cannon.
- Seabreaker Goliath: (10 Mana – 15 Attack – 15 Health) Costs (1) less for each time you've fired your Cannons.
- Tuskarr Raider: (4 Mana – 3 Attack – 9 Health) Rush. After this minion attacks, fire your Cannons.
- Bubba: (7 Mana – 9 Attack – 9 Health) Battlecry: Summon six 1/1 Bloodhounds to attack an enemy minion.
- Butch: (4 Mana – 1 Attack – 1 Health) Rush. Has +1/+1 for each friendly Beast that died this game.
- Princess: (5 Mana – 5 Attack – 5 Health) Battlecry: Gain the Deathrattles of 3 random minions in your deck.
- Shaw's Shank: (3 Mana - 1 Attack - 5 Durability) Has +1 Attack for each friendly minion you control.
- Sic 'Em: (6 Mana) Summon 3 minions from your deck with the highest attack.
- Chaos Theory: (2 Mana) Both players cast all spells in their hand (targets chosen randomly).
- Clockwork Assistant: (1 Mana – 1 Attack – 1 Health) Has +1/+1 for each spell you've cast this game.
- Enhance-a-Matic: (1 Mana) Add a random spell from each class to your hand.
- Impetuous Companion: (3 Mana – 5 Attack – 5 Health) Battlecry: Swap hands with your opponent.
- Stroke of Midnight: (2 Mana) Echo. Destroy a random enemy minion.
Card Bundles[edit | edit source]
Please add any available information to this section.After each win, the player gets to choose three cards to add to their deck. The three cards chosen belong to the same bundle, being selected from it randomly; the player then chooses one selection of three cards from three options. Each selection may contain multiple copies of the same card.
User consensus is that once a specific bundle type, for example pirates, is chosen it becomes more likely to appear again, allowing the use of "tribe" synergy.
Tess Greymane[edit | edit source]
Darius Crowley[edit | edit source]
Houndmaster Shaw[edit | edit source]
Toki, Time-Tinker[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
Some bosses are exclusive to certain classes.
|Boss||Encountered in Round||Hero Power||Notes|
|A Mangy Wolf||1||Guttural Howl: "Give a random minion in your hand +1/+1." (1 Mana)||Plays a "companionship" hunter deck.|
|Azalina Soulthief||5||7||Unfinished Business: "Summon three 1/1 Wisps." (2 Mana)||Plays a buff/swarm paladin deck.|
|Baran the Blind||4||5||Bulldoze: "Spend all your armor. Deal that much damage to a random minion." (1 Mana)|
|Beastly Pete||6||Beast Within: "Give your minions +1 Attack." (2 Mana)||Plays ever so aggressively.|
|Blood Witch Gretta||4||5||Blood Red Apple: "Spells cost Health instead of Mana." (Passive)||Plays a mage deck with lots of secrets. Play as few spells as possible, or just gains a bunch of life afterwards.|
|Brushwood Centurion||4||5||Survival of the Fittest "All minions attack random enemy minions." (3 Mana)||Plays a pain warrior deck; plays a lot of high-attack minions and instant-kill cards.|
|Captain Shivers||8||Plunder: "Draw a weapon from your deck." (0 Mana)||Tracker's Final Nemesis. Plays a Kingsbane deck. Starts the game equipped with a Kingsbane.|
|Chupacabran||4||5||Bloodthirst: "Give a friendly minion Lifesteal." (1 Mana)|
|Cragtorr||5||7||One With the Trees: "Reduce the cost of all minions in your hand by (1)." (2 Mana)||Plays a Jungle Giants deck. Beware of Y'Shaarj.|
||At 1/2 Health, transforms into Beastly Pete. Gains 15 Armor and changes Hero Power to Beast Within.|
|Cultist S'thara||2||3||Poisoned Drink: "Whenever a player draws a card, deal 1 damage to them." (Passive)|
|Cutthroat Willie||2||3||Shank: "Deal 1 damage to a minion. Draw a card." (2 Mana)||Plays rogue pirates.|
|Doctor Sezavo||2||3||Hollow Needle: "Deal 1 damage to a minion. If it dies, restore 3 Health to your hero." (2 mana)||Plays aggressive priest.|
|Experiment 3C||7||Consume: "Destroy a friendly minion, then draw 3 cards." (1 Mana)||Plays a deck with all the tribes included.|
|Face Collector||6||7||A New Face: "Transform a minion into a random one that costs (2) more." (0 Mana)||Plays a copy of your deck.|
|Forlorn Lovers||5||8||Together Forever: "Whenever a friendly minion dies, shuffle a copy into your deck." (Passive)||Plays a mill rogue deck.|
|Garrow, the Rancorous||4||5||Death and Taxes: "Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each minion they control." (1 Mana)|
|Glinda Crowskin||8||False Heart: "While you control a minion, your hero is Immune." (Passive)||Houndmaster's Final Nemesis. Plays a pain-oriented warlock deck, using False Heart to prevent damage.|
|Gnarlroot||2||3||Splinter: "Take 2 damage. Summon a 2/2 Treant." (1 Mana)|
|Gnomenapper||5||7||Nab: "Put an enemy minion into a sack." (2 Mana)||Sack has 3 health and re-summons the minion when destroyed. Drops the 'Sack of Gnomes' active treasure.|
|Gobbles||1||Starving: "Whenever a friendly Beast dies, draw a card." (Passive)||Plays a beast hunter deck.|
|Gravekeeper Damph||3||Grave Mistake: "Trigger all minions' Deathrattles twice." (3 Mana)||Drops the 'Grave Mistake' active treasure.|
|Griselda||2||3||Witch's Kiss: "Transform a random minion into a 0/1 Frog with Taunt." (2 Mana)|
|Groddo the Bogwarden||4||7||From the Swamp: "Whenever an enemy dies, raise a 1/3 Bloated Zombie." (Passive)||Bloated Zombie has "Deathrattle: Deal 1 damage to all characters."|
|Grubb the Swampdrinker||3||6||Chuck: "Destroy a friendly minion and deal its Attack to the enemy hero." (1 mana)||Drops the 'Chuck' active treasure.|
|Grum||4||5||Terrify: "Shuffle a minion into its owner's deck. It costs (4) less." (3 Mana)|
|Gustave, the Gutripper||5||6||Cull the Meek: "Destroy a minion with the lowest Attack." (1 Mana)|
|Infinite Toki||8||Chronoacceleration: "Give a friendly minion Mega-Windfury. At the end of your turn, it dies." (2 Mana)||Time Tinker's Final Nemesis. Plays an aggressive elemental deck.|
|Inquisitor Hav'nixx||4||5||Devour Soul: "Halve the enemy hero's Health." (4 Mana)||Plays a burn priest deck.|
|Lord Godfrey||8||Pistol Barrage: "Deal 2 damage to a minion and the minions next to it." (1 Mana)||Cannoneer's Final Nemesis.|
|Manhunter Ivan||2||5||Trap Preparation: "Put a random Secret from your deck into the battlefield." (2 mana)||Individual introduction for every hero.|
|Niira the Trickster||2||3||Unstable Growth: "Give all minions +1/+1." (1 Mana)|
|Plaguemaster Rancel||5||Poison Flask: "Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it survives, give it Poisonous." (2 Mana)|
|Raeth Ghostsong||6||8||Desecrate: "Deal 1 damage to all minions. If any die, refresh this." (1 Mana)|
|Ratcatcher Hannigul||4||5||Cannibalism: "Whenever a minion dies, give the adjacent minions +1 Attack." (Passive)|
|Ravencaller Cozzlewurt||2||3||Call of the Raven: "Add a random 1-Cost minion to your hand." (1 Mana)|
|Rottooth||1||Fading Bite: "Gain +2 Attack this turn." (2 Mana)|
|Sazzmi Gentlehorn||3||Infatuation: "Gain control of enemy minions with 1 or less Attack." (1 Mana, autocast)|
|Sephira Dusktalon||4||5||Tangled Wrath: "Whenever your opponent casts a spell, draw a spell from your deck." (Passive)|
|Shudderwock||4||5||Frumiosity: "All Battlecries trigger twice." (Passive)|
|Splintergraft||4||5||Grafted Bark: "Choose a minion. Add a 2/2 copy to your hand that costs (2)." (2 Mana)|
|The Mute||2||3||...: "Silence a minion." (1 Mana)||Plays silence priest.|
|The Scarecrow||7||8||Harvest: "Destroy a friendly minion. Restore 8 Health to your hero." (1 Mana)||Starts the game equipped with a Scythe (1/1, Doesn't lose Durability. When you kill a minion with this weapon, gain +1 Attack.)|
|The Whisperer||6||7||Echoes of the Witchwood: "All spells have Echo." (Passive)|
|Vitus the Exiled||5||7||Monstrous Aura: "Your minions have +1/+1." (Passive)|
|Wharrgarbl||3||4||It's Raining Fin!: "Draw 3 Murlocs from your deck." (2 Mana)||Drops the 'Plague of Murlocs' active treasure. Plays a Unite the Murlocs deck|
|Winslow Tobtock||4||5||Hypnotize: "Each player shuffles their hand into their deck and draws that many cards." (2 Mana)|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
- When playing Tess, an effective strategy is picking card bundles with one or more Jade Shuriken spells. Once one has been played within a game, Tess' hero power Scavenge allows you to easily generate more copies and increase the power of your Jade Golems. The Cult of the Wolf passive synergizes incredibly well with this. If you play against The Whisperer you could get a turn one kill by activating your hero power and getting Small Rock, because of the 0 mana cost and the passive ability this will get you an easy win.
- When playing Darius, playing your minions on both sides of the Cannon keeps it near the center, and able to hit any enemy minions summoned. Conversely, playing your minions on only one side will push the Cannon outwards and allow it to strike the enemy hero directly.
- To get the most out of Fire!, manage your minion positioning and number (similar to A_Friendly_Game_of_Chess tavern brawl). This can allow your Cannon(s) to strike two minions at once, which can be extremely useful on certain bosses, for example the Wisps of Azalina Soulthief.
- When playing Houndmaster Shaw, get companionship as soon as possible and entrenchment so your hero power summons 3/3's with rush.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone - The Witchwood. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2018-04-10.
|Level 8|| |