|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Destroy, Summon|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Battlefield-related|
Battlecry: If your board is full of Mogu Cultists, sacrifice them all and summon Highkeeper Ra.
Mogu cultists have the worst team-building exercises.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mogu Cultist can be obtained through Saviors of Uldum card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Mogu Cultist can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Mogu Cultist||1600||400|
Summoned minion[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Mogu Cultist's Battlecry requires you to control exactly 6 other Mogu Cultists. Controlling any number of permanents will make the Battlecry unfulfillable until the permanent is removed.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summoning Highkeeper Ra is best done with a Rogue deck. Mogu Cultist can be combined with Tak Nozwhisker and Togwaggle's Scheme to give you the required amount of Cultists to summon Ra the next turn. Afterwards, you can use Shadow of Death with Preparation to shuffle in more Highkeeper Ras if the first one doesn't kill the opponent or shuffle in Highkeeper Ra then use Wondrous Wand from Heistbaron Togwaggle to draw and play them. In Wild, Drakkari Enchanter will double Ra's damage for lethal without requiring any mana-reducing resources.
Another possible way is to use Heistbaron Togwaggle to obtain Tolin's Goblet, and there is a very slight chance that you will be able to draw a Mogu Cultist, thus filling your hand with copies of it. However, this requires a lot of luck and is not very likely to succeed.
Alternatively, you can use Glinda Crowskin on Warlock. You can summon 6 copies, kill off Glinda with Grim Rally, then play the last (Echo-copied) Mogu Cultist. This combo is not possible on one turn normally, so you will need to draw Glinda with Tome of Origination from Supreme Archaeology to make this combo possible, which you can guarantee using Baleful Banker with an empty deck. Alternatively in Wild, you can use Emperor Thaurissan with Drakkari Enchanter earlier (or The Coin on that turn).
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The storm is coming.
- A sacrifice?
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Mogu Cultists are apparently worshippers of Highkeeper Ra, which is also unusual; while Ra was the original creator of the mogu and was once revered by them, he largely faded into obscurity after he was defeated and imprisoned by Lei Shen.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When designing Highkeeper Ra, Team 5 wanted to create a ritual players had to go through in order to summon him, similar to that of Azari, the Devourer from Kobolds & Catacombs. The concept was present in the Saviors of Uldum expansion design sheet from early on and stuck around through the entire development process.
- Early on, Ra only dealt 10 damage instead of 20, but the designers felt he needed a bigger impact to justify the lengthy process required to summon him.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11708 (2019-08-01): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Steve Watts (2019-07-23). Hearthstone Devs Talk Powerful New Mogu Cultist Card And More. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2019-07-23.