Mistress of Pain
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Lifesteal, Restore Health|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
|Voice actor:||Misty Lee|
Her sister is the Mistress of Pane who sells windows and shower doors.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mistress of Pain can be obtained through Goblins vs Gnomes card packs purchased online from the Battle.net shop, or through crafting. Golden Mistress of Pain can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Mistress of Pain||100||20|
|Golden Mistress of Pain||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whenever this minion deals damage, it will restore the exact same amount of Health to its controlling hero too.
- If Betrayal is cast upon Mistress of Pain, her triggered effect will activate once for each minion hit.
- As with all healing effects, if combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow Mistress of Pain will instead deal damage to the controlling hero. Before Patch 220.127.116.1157, this damage was counted as damage dealt by the Mistress of Pain herself, causing the effect to trigger again and again, until the controlling hero was killed. This was not considered a bug. More precisely, the infinite loop would stop once the hero has been in negative Health following three consecutive triggers or after 61 triggers, whichever happened first.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While this card has very low Attack, as a Demon it can be buffed with cards like Demonheart to increase its attack, giving Warlocks a marginal source of healing.
As a 1-Attack minion, it combos well with Hobgoblin.
Lightwarden can receive buffs from the healing generated.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I can ease your pain.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Mistress of Pain is an elite shivarra mistress faithfully under the command of Lord Jaraxxus, appearing in the Trial of the Crusader raid. They enter the coliseum from nether portals Jaraxxus summons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When used in combination with an Auchenai Soulpriest, this minion was specifically designed to take the player's Health to at least -3 before stopping, in order to prevent a simultaneously triggered healing effect from activating and saving the player from death.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Lynxia.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2017-08-08): Text changed from "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero." to "Lifesteal."
- Patch 22.214.171.12420 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Whenever this minion deals damage, restore that much Health to your hero." to "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero."
- Patch 126.96.36.19934 (2014-12-04): Added.