Put a copy of a random minion from your opponent's deck into the battlefield.
Sometimes it feels like this is all a game.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mindgames can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Mindgames can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
If you play Mindgames and your opponent has no minions left in their deck, you will summon a Shadow of Nothing to the field.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell copies a random minion from your opponent's undrawn deck, not their total deck, and will not copy cards which have already been drawn.
- Unless it has Charge, the copied minion will be exhausted, and unable to take action that turn. Minions with Charge will be able to attack immediately as normal.
- Any Battlecry, Combo, Choose One, or Overload effects will not be triggered, since the minion is not being played from the hand.
- Any triggered effects in response to a spell being played (such as the effect of Wild Pyromancer) will be triggered immediately after the minion is summoned.
- Prior to Patch 18.104.22.16866 (Tavern Brawl patch), the Shadow of Nothing would destroy itself at the end of the turn on which it was summoned, unless Silenced or Transformed. This is no longer the case.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mindgames can be used to grant you some strategic knowledge of your opponent. For example, any minion copied by Mindgames is currently in your opponent's deck, waiting to be drawn. Outside of arena, this means that if they have already played one of this minion, or if the minion is a legendary, you can be sure that they do not have one of that minion in their hand, while if they have only a few cards remaining, you can be certain that that minion will be drawn soon. If the Shadow of Nothing is summoned, this lets you know that they have no more minions to draw, which can be tactically critical. However, remember they may still have minions left in their hand.
One of the best possible minions to summon is Ragnaros the Firelord since it can immediately deal damage. This can be devastating in the early game because it will be hard for the opponent to remove.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Precognition.