|Set:||Hall of Fame|
Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero.
This spell blasts you directly in the MIND.
- NB: The image for this card is currently out of date following recent changes, and will be updated as soon as possible. The correct data can be found in the infobox.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mind Blast can be obtained through crafting only.
|Golden Mind Blast||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mind Blast is one of the only cards which can be used by priests to 'nuke' opponents. Mind Blast x2 can deal 10 damage for only 4 mana; improved with Spell Damage or in combination with other spells or minion attacks, a priest with the right cards can easily take a low-health opponent by surprise.
Easily the deadliest card that can combine with Mind Blast is Prophet Velen; with 9 mana you can drop Velen and use Mind Blast on the same turn to effectively Pyroblast the enemy hero while also adding a 7/7 to the board. Mind Blast is the core of one turn kill combo decks involving Velen, using many varying setups such as Flash Heal, Embrace the Shadow and Emperor Thaurissan or Lesser Diamond Spellstone, Radiant Elemental, and Vivid Nightmare.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Mind Blast is a core Shadow priest spell from World of Warcraft. It is a 1.5-sec cast spell that deals substantial direct Shadow damage to the target, and grants Insanity, a resource, required to enter Voidform. One of the Shadow priest's most powerful attacks, it also has a lengthy cooldown. In Classic WoW, the spell was available to all priests, and along with many other spells revolving around the enemy mind led players to term the playstyle 'face-melting'.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Charkov.
- Mind Blast was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018. After being moved to the Hall of Fame on July 1, 2019, Mind Blast in no longer offered for selection.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11761 (2019-07-01): Moved to the Hall of Fame set and replaced by Radiance. Rarity changed from Free to Common.
- Commentary: "Mind Blast gives Priests the ability to inflict a large amount of direct Face damage. We want to limit the amount of damage that Priests are able to deal from their hand, which will allow us to make cards that better emphasize their strengths in controlling the game."
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).