For issues where card tables or lists are not appearing correctly, the "Purge cache" option in the "More" menu should resolve the problem.
- "The Kirin Tor will tell you that mastering the magical arts is like learning the rules of a game. Fools. True power is taken by those brave enough to break boundaries. I am Medivh, the Last Guardian. If magic is a game, then it is one I play to win."
- For the collectible card, see Medivh, the Guardian. For Medivh's other appearances, see Medivh (disambiguation).
Background[edit | edit source]
- Magus or Magna Medivh was the last Guardian of Tirisfal, an ancient line of protectors bestowed with great powers to do battle with the agents of the Burning Legion. He was corrupted even before birth, and possessed by the spirit of the demonlord Sargeras who used Medivh in his plan to conquer Azeroth. Medivh contacted the orcish warlock, Gul'dan, and together they opened the Dark Portal, which allowed the Burning Legion to begin its destruction of Azeroth. He was slain shortly after by a party led by one of his friends, Lothar.
- Shortly before the beginning of the Third War, Medivh returned as a mysterious prophet, manipulating events in order to arrange the formation of a last-ditch alliance between the mortal races on Kalimdor, guiding them to victory at the Battle of Mount Hyjal. The prophet's name means "keeper of secrets" in Thalassian. He possessed Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian which is currently wielded by his apprentice, Khadgar.
How to get[edit | edit source]
As an alternate hero, Medivh must be purchased using real money in order to be unlocked. Once unlocked the player can choose to use Medivh in place of Jaina Proudmoore whenever playing with a mage deck. It is not possible to purchase Medivh using gold.
Purchasing Medivh also unlocks a unique card back (see below), which can be used with any deck.
Promotions[edit | edit source]
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Once unlocked and selected for use, Medivh replaces Jaina Proudmoore whenever playing with a mage deck. Medivh comes with his own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using Medivh's Hero Power, Fireblast.
Flavor text[edit | edit source]
When viewed in the Collection, Medivh has the following flavor text:
- The Guardian of Tirisfal is a force for good. Demonic possession is a manageable condition.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||I appreciate that.|
|Well played||Well played.|
|Greetings||Ah. Hello there.|
|Mirror Greetings||Hello, yourself, Guardian.|
|Oops||That was folly.|
|Threaten||Nothing can stop me. Nothing!|
|Concede||Checkmate. Well done.|
|Opening remark||Let the games begin.|
|Mirror start||Oh, they already have.|
|Running out of time||I must not get complacent!|
|Almost out of cards||I'm almost out of cards.|
|Out of cards||I'm out of cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||I have too many minions!|
|Error: Generic||I cannot do that.|
|Error: Hand already full||My hand is full!|
|Error: Hero already attacked||I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||Give that minion a turn to get ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I don't have enough Mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||I need a weapon.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I can't play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||I can't target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Not a valid target||That's not a valid target.|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||I must attack the minion with Taunt.|
|Selection in Arena||My plans are falling into place.|
|Lunar New Year Greetings||Ah. Hello there.|
|Winter Veil Greetings||Happy feasting, challenger.|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||Yes yes! Haha!|
|Pirate's Day Greetings||Yes yes! Haha!|
|Hallow's End Greetings||Happy Hallow's End!|
|When Unstable Portal is played||And from the portal comes.|
Unused[edit | edit source]
|Sorry||My sincerest apologies.|
|Good game||Good game.|
Card back[edit | edit source]
Purchasing Medivh unlocks the following card back.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- One Night in Karazhan
One Night in Karazhan depicts Medivh in his reimagined glory days, when he was not only the guardian of Azeroth, but also its most eligible bachelor.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Wow emote added. Sorry emote no longer available.
- Patch 220.127.116.1156 (2015-12-04): Winter Veil and Lunar New Year emotes added.
- Patch 18.104.22.16866 (2015-06-15): Added.