- Draw out your deck. Life Tap helps greatly in this regard.
- Discount your combo pieces, most commonly with Galvanizers or Emperor Thaurissan.
- Activate your combo:
- Play a 9-mana Mecha'thun followed by Plague of Flames. Since this version lacks Cataclysm, you must play all other cards in your hand beforehand.
- Alternatively, Da Undatakah can be used to activate your win condition.
- (Wild) Play Mecha'thun, then Bloodbloom, then Cataclysm. It will destroy all of your minions and discard your hand, triggering Mecha'thun's Deathrattle and killing the enemy hero.
The rest of the deck is built to survive until your deck is empty, using Warlock's plethora of control tools.
Since all of the combo pieces are even, the deck is sometimes played with Genn Greymane to draw faster with the discounted hero power. Some Standard versions of the deck use Supreme Archaeology.
Common Cards[edit | edit source]
Core Cards[edit | edit source]
The following cards are played in most or all versions of the deck.
Optional Cards[edit | edit source]
The following cards are played more than occasionally, but not always:
Wild Cards[edit | edit source]
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format.
The following cards are often played in the Wild format:
|Common deck types|