Official[edit | edit source]
As senior game designer for Blizzard Entertainment's Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, Matt Place works on numerous aspects of the initial designs, building the foundation for the digital card game’s expansions and Adventures, designing missions, mechanics, and applying flavor where needed. He also coordinates with the rest of the team to ensure a consistent vision for upcoming content. He served as lead designer on Mean Streets of Gadgetzan. Place joined the Hearthstone team in 2016 in his current role. He brought 13 years of experience in card game design to the team, including his work on the World of Warcraft trading card game.
Place is a new-ish father who enjoys spending his free time raising a future Blizzard fan.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Place presented the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan panel at BlizzCon 2016, along with artist Jomaro Kindred. On November 28, 2016, he also hosted the Mean Streets live stream with Frodan, revealing the new game board and final 35 cards from the set.
- Place's favourite card from the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan set is Kazakus.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown date between January 2016 and November 2016: Joined Team 5.
References[edit | edit source]
- Inside the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan at BlizzCon!. (2016-11-04).
- Hearthhead BlizzCon 2016 liveblog. (2016-11-05).
- Matt Place on Twitter. (2016-12-06).
- Hearthpwn: Matt Place on Gadgetzan, Kazakus, Priest, Opponent Interaction, Heroic Brawl. (2016-12-07).