Master of Evolution
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Random, Targeted|
Battlecry: Transform a friendly minion into a random one that costs (1) more.
Will be really useful in the new "Hearthémon" game.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Master of Evolution||100||20|
|Golden Master of Evolution||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The replacement minion is selected randomly from all collectible minions that costs 1 more, regardless of class.
- The base mana cost of the affected minion is used to determine the selection, not the mana cost paid when summoning it. 
- If there is no minion of the intended cost to transform the target into, the target minion will not be affected. This currently applies to all minions with a mana cost of 12 and more (such as Mountain Giant and Molten Giant). 10 mana minions now can be transformed, but just into Snowfury Giant, currently only 11 mana minion.
- If combined with Brann Bronzebeard, the target minion will be transformed twice (even if the target is Brann Bronzebeard himself), thus resulting in a random minion that costs 2 more than the original one. However, the animation will not show the "intermediate" minion (which can be still seen in the game history), but will show the second minion twice instead.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Similar to Recombobulator, this would fit in a Battlecry-oriented deck, since Battlecry minions usually provide below-par value once the Battlecry itself has been activated. In contrast to Recombobulator, this minion also directly ups the value of the transformed minion, making it more reliably useful.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The n'raqi, commonly known as the faceless ones or the faceless, are a monstrous race that arose from the organic matter that seeped from the Old Gods' blighted forms during the primordial era of Azeroth. Cunning and intelligent, they serve their eldritch masters with fanatical loyalty.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the Pokémon series, and the evolution of Pokémon into their progressively evolved forms.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19974 (2016-04-24): Added.