|Tags:||Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you cast a spell, gain +1 Attack.
These wyrms feed on arcane energies, and while they are generally considered a nuisance rather than a real threat, you really shouldn't leave them alone with a bucket of mana.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Mana Wyrm can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Mana Wyrm can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Mana Wyrm||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only spells cast from the owner of the card counts as spells cast.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Mana Wyrms have high health for their cost, and can safely take out smaller minions. They gain attack every time a spell is cast, and with 3 health may actually live to benefit from this.
Note that The Coin counts as a spell and should therefore, if possible, be cast after the Mana Wyrm was played.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Mana wyrms are floating, serpentine creatures found in the blood elven lands and some Outland zones such as Netherstorm.
- They are attracted to and feed off arcane energies, and so have been seen in Quel'Thalas and most likely other worlds throughout the Great Dark Beyond. They are generally considered more of a nuisance than a real threat, but in large numbers they can be very deadly to magical creatures and magic-users.
- According to the quest "Reclaiming Sunstrider Isle", the mana wyrms on Sunstrider Isle were guardians of the Burning Crystals, that have long been used to power the isle's experimentations, but the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas has driven them errant from the blood elves' magical control over them.
- More powerful mana wyrms have been seen in service to the Sunreavers, helping to guard the Dawnseeker Promontory on the Isle of Thunder. These mana wyrms specialize in shutting down and slaying enemy spellcasters, their small size often leading such victims to underestimate their power.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's art appears to be based upon the cinematic for World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. In it, a female blood elf caresses a mana wyrm against the backdrop of a beautiful sunset, before swiftly destroying it in order to consume its arcane energy.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Now has 1 Attack, up from 0.