|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Shuffle into deck|
Deathrattle: Shuffle this minion into your deck.
When Malorne isn't mauling hordes of demons, he enjoys attending parties, though he prefers to go stag.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Malorne's Deathrattle shuffles him (not a copy) back into the player's deck. The location of the minion card in the deck is random.
- If Malorne’s deathrattle is triggered by a card like Feign Death or Princess Huhuran, he will be removed from the board and shuffled into the player's deck, despite his not having died.
- Using Reincarnate on Malorne will shuffle the existing copy into the player's deck, then summon a fresh copy on the board. 
- Despite the visual effect, Malorne is considered to have died when killed. If Malorne dies while Kel'Thuzad is in play, Malorne will be shuffled into the deck, and a fresh Malorne will then be summoned. Resurrect also works.
- A hunter can obtain Malorne through Webspinner's Deathrattle or Ram Wrangler's Battlecry.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Played in Ramp Druid as early as possible to bait Silence/removal or to play late for a recurring lategame threat, since cards like Coldlight Oracle, Grove Tender, Nourish, and Ultimate Infestation often thin these decks very quickly.
Can be used in a Jungle Giants deck to ensure that a weighty minion will always be available for free in the case of otherwise bad draws.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I have returned.
- I will return...
- For the ancients!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Malorne, or Apa'ro, is an enormous white stag that roamed the land as protector of nature. His power lay in nature itself and he is responsible for the creation and nurturing of nature in the world. He is the father of Cenarius, who inherited his dominion over nature.
- Furthermore, he was one of the first living beings in the world. By the time of his death, he had become one of Azeroth's most beloved and powerful demigods, and he was renowned for his wisdom.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Until Patch 184.108.40.20633 (LoE patch), if Malorne's Deathrattle triggered while you controlled Baron Rivendare, two copies would be shuffled into the player's deck. The technical reason why this occurred is because Malorne's Deathrattle was coded the following way:
- Move the original Malorne to the Deck Zone (this is purely for animation purposes)
- Create a new Malorne Entity and shuffle it into the Deck Zone
- Move the original Malorne to the Setaside Zone
- In Patch 220.127.116.1133, Malorne's Deathrattle was changed to move the original Malorne to the Deck Zone, not to shuffle a new copy in. So now Malorne + Baron Rivendare puts only one copy of Malorne in your deck.
- Until Patch 18.104.22.16874 (WotOG patch), If Malorne died while possessing additional Deathrattles such as Ancestral Spirit, Explorer's Hat or Soul of the Forest, the additional Deathrattles would not activate. This is because Malorne's Deathrattle triggered first, and Deathrattles could not trigger while the attached minion while in the deck. Even if Malorne was drawn by a Cult Master, added Deathrattles with a timestamp later than Cult Master still would not trigger. For comparison, we know that added Deathrattles on minions in the hand do trigger.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-03).
- Zeriyah on Twitter. (2014-12-03).
- http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2oofe5/malorne_and_the_baron_fun/ 2014-12-08
- http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2oumjj/malorne_confirmed_to_work_with_both_kelthuzad_and/cmr2bt6 December 2014
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6ZA_vlB1U&list=PLx2kRadCTuYYrck0V0soHYjBvas9dGDYI&index=5 Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19956 (2015-12-04)
- http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15538984032 2014-12-05
- http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2vfmms/soul_of_the_forest_bugged/ 2015-02-10
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJUcnTvDwQ Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5251 (2016-03-14)