Maloriak's experiments never work out as planned, but that doesn't mean they aren't still deadly!
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
- The Alchemist is a triggered effect, triggering whenever a minion is summoned. This includes all means of minion summoning, such as spells, hero powers, Deathrattles and Battlecries. It also triggers on minions created by transform effect Battlecries (such as Faceless Manipulator and Recombobulator, but not minions created by transform effects in any other way (such as by Hex).
- The Alchemist triggers before any Battlecry from the summoned minion, and therefore also before any related Secrets, but after effects that trigger 'whenever you play a minion/card' such as Hobgoblin.
- The Alchemist triggers in the 'Summoning Catchup Step'. For more information, see the corresponding section in the Advanced Rulebook.
- The Alchemist triggers on mortally wounded (0 or less Health) minions, which may save them from dying.
Special cards[edit | edit source]
Uncollectible[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
Note that the below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards in the encounter.
- Normal and Heroic
|Boss||Release the Aberrations!||2|
|Neutral||Acidic Swamp Ooze||2|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Heroic[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
- Guides and decklists
Videos[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Encounter[edit | edit source]
- Maloriak is not the sharpest poleaxe in the garrison.
- There can be no disruptions.
- Oh! Mustn't keep the master waiting! Mustn't fail again!
Maloriak's Turn 1
- Maloriak. Try not to lose to this mortal.
- Nothing goes to waste!
- Mix and stir. Apply heat!
- My failings will be your downfall!
- Congratulations. What an amaaaaaazing achievement.
- I think I will make up a new name for you, to commemorate this moment.
- Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions. Yes, that fits.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As suggested by the above dialogue, defeating Maloriak will earn the player the title "Slayer of Stupid, Incompetent and Disappointing Minions". This is based on an identical title from World of Warcraft, obtained by defeating Maloriak on heroic difficulty. However, the Hearthstone version is somewhat more limited, resulting only in the player's name being replaced by the title for the duration of the Atramedes fight (the next encounter in the adventure).
Lore[edit | edit source]
Blackrock Mountain[edit | edit source]
Poor Maloriak. Turns out that Nefarian’s attempt to fuse the power of a dragonkin with the brilliant mind of an alchemist resulted in a stupid, incompetent, and disappointing minion. Despite his deficiencies (by admittedly unrealistic dragon standards), Maloriak’s crazed alchemical concoctions make him a most noxious foe.
World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- "There can be no disruptions! Mustn't keep the master waiting, mustn't fail again!"
- Maloriak is a boss in Blackwing Descent who can be found in the Fleshrender's Workshop, off to the east of the Vault of the Shadowflame.
- Dungeon Journal
- The human Malory was a bright young alchemist until he was kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn. The result - Maloriak - is a bumbling minion who possesses only a dull of his former intelligence.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5211 (2015-03-31): Added.