|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Artist:||E. Guiton & Nutchapol|
Battlecry: Equip a random weapon.
Garrosh's best buddy. It's true. Look it up.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Malkorok's Battlecry may equip any collectible weapon, not just those from the Warrior class. For a list, see below.
- In Wild format, there are 53 possible weapons, giving each a 1.89% chance of being equipped. The average Attack of the equipped weapon is 2.34.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Malkorok's Battlecry activates twice in a row due to Brann Bronzebeard, the first weapon will be immediately replaced and destroyed by the second, but any Deathrattle will not activate. The developers plan to fix this in an upcoming patch.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Malkorok's Battlecry is usually used in a scenario when the player does not have a weapon equipped. Malkorok generally represents decent value, since the average outcome is pretty good for the player using Malkorok, although the variance has increased over the years. Anything weapon that can deal 3 or more damage per turn is generally a good outcome with Malkorok, but there is a chance to get something useless like Skull of the Man'ari or even disasterous if you were unlucky enough to receive a Cursed Blade. Nevertheless, Malkorok will generally generate tempo and value for the player.
During the Year of the Kraken Standard year, there was a 4% chance to receive Cursed Blade. Such an outcome is unlikely, but completely devastating. Therefore, some seasoned players would consider not playing Malkorok when they are very far ahead, to avoid this card causing them to lose an essentially "won" game. For example, in a Control Warrior vs. Freeze Mage match-up, there is no need to play Malkorok, since that is one of the few ways by which you can actually lose the game.
Possible weapons[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
After you cast a spell,
summon a random
minion of that Cost.
Lose 1 Durability.
Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this weapon.
Also damages the minions next to whomever your hero attacks.
Battlecry: Your Hero Power becomes 'Deal 8 damage to a random enemy.'
Also damages minions next to whomever your hero attacks.
After this kills a minion, destroy all copies of it (wherever they are).
Battlecry: Give your minions +1 Attack.
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Silver Hand Recruits.
Battlecry: Give your minions Divine Shield.
Battlecry: Give your minions Taunt.
|Showing all 21 cards|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The True Horde cannot be stopped!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Malkorok was Garrosh Hellscream's bodyguard and chief advisor, as well as the new leader of the Kor'kron. Malkorok has been Garrosh's most loyal and trusted lieutenant throughout the Pandaria campaign. When the Warchief needed a volunteer to infuse with the power of Y'Shaarj, it was only natural that Malkorok would offer without hesitation.
- Malkorok resided within the Underhold during the Siege of Orgrimmar. After General Nazgrim's death above ground, Malkorok took over the defense of Garrosh's compound and attempted to hold the line. He was killed in the ensuing battle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12474 (2016-04-24): Added.