|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Tags:||Discard-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you discard a card, draw a card.
Malchezaar used to have an imp named Dobby working for him, but there was a tragic accident.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Malchezaar's Imp||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion causes the controlling player to draw a card each time they discard a card from their hand. It will not activate from effects that attempt and fail to discard cards (due to having an empty hand), or effects that remove cards from other zones, such as Fel Reaver, Tracking, or overdrawing.
- Malchezaar's Imp synergizes with Deathwing by drawing a card for each discarded card, before the game checks for deaths and removes the Imp from the board.
Previous bugs[edit | edit source]
- Malchezaar's Imp originally triggered when an on-draw effect like Burrowing Mine or Ambush! triggered and removed itself from your hand (such effects are not considered discards for game purposes). This has likely been fixed in Patch 188.8.131.5281 (2016-10-20).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The strategy for this card is simple: play a powerful card which discards cards from your hand, and the Imp will draw more to replace them, negating the drawback. However, this will still deplete your deck, accelerating the approach of fatigue.
As mentioned in the notes, this card has great synergy with Deathwing.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You are not the boss of me.
- I don' wanna.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The imps are a mischievous and nefarious race of small, fiendish creatures. The simplest of the summoning spells a warlock can learn is that of the imp. Before they are imparted to this, they must prove that they have the necessary magical and physical ability. Though it lacks physical strength, it possesses powers and a cleverness that serve warlocks well. All imps however are afraid of rainbows.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "imp named Dobby" in this card's flavour text is likely a reference to the House Elf Dobby from the Harry Potter series.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20621 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX16lKXuC_I Tested in Patch 220.127.116.1121 (ONiK patch)
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/51dvqn/apparently_malchezaars_imp_is_triggered_by/ Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16821 (ONiK patch)
- Patch 22.214.171.12481 - "Malchezaar's Imp will no longer be triggered by cards that do not get discarded."