Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
"They warned you, 'stay away!' We whisper, 'come and play!' Now you're here, then why not stay at the Darkmoon Faire? Though things aren't as they seem, just ignore those eyes that gleam. Come, laugh, and maybe scream at the Darkmoon Faire! You may think that you're dreaming, flying on our carousel. Surely there's nobody scheming, or putting you under a spell! Shadows dance in bounding leaps, waking up the thing that sleeps! Right behind you, something creeps, and MOVES in the night, with a dreadful delight, at the Dark! Moon! Faire!!!"
This expansion takes place on the mysterious Darkmoon Island, on the fairgrounds run by Silas Darkmoon and his carnies... with four sinister guests from the depths of the Void. This expansion adds the new Corrupt keyword, which powers up corruptible cards in your hand by playing a card that's more expensive than it. It also features the return of the Old Gods Yogg-Saron, C'Thun, Y'Shaarj and N'Zoth (the latter of which is also now a new Hero).
- 1 How to get
- 2 Cards
- 3 Themes
- 4 Trailers
- 5 Lore
- 6 History
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 External links
How to get[edit | edit source]
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards are available through the following options:
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs are purchasable through the Shop, with the usual prices and purchasing options.
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards are craftable for the usual amounts of Arcane Dust.
- For as long as Madness at the Darkmoon Faire is the latest expansion, the guaranteed card pack from each Arena run is from the expansion. Once the next expansion comes out, second card packs will have a chance to be Madness at the Darkmoon Faire packs.
- The Highest Rank Bonus chest has a chance to award golden Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards.
- Prior to the expansion's release, players are able to purchase one or both of the following bundles:
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Bundle costs $49.99 USD; it comes with 55 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, a random Legendary card from Madness at the Darkmoon Faire, early access to the Duels beta, and the unique N'Zoth card back.
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Mega Bundle costs $79.99 USD; it comes with 80 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, 5 Golden Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs that guarantee Golden cards, a random Golden Legendary card from Madness at the Darkmoon Faire, early access to the Duels beta, the unique N'Zoth card back, and the alternate warlock hero N'Zoth.
Cards[edit | edit source]
This expansion features 135 collectible cards. To make up for their status as a new class, Demon Hunters received a larger number of Common and Rare cards than other classes. As compensation, there are fewer Neutral cards than in previous sets. Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards can be recognized with a special watermark (the Darkmoon Faire logo) behind the card text, not found on other cards.
Neutral[edit | edit source]
- Common (19 cards)
- Rare (3 cards)
- Epic (3 cards)
- Legendary (5 cards)
- Choice cards
Class cards[edit | edit source]
Demon Hunter[edit | edit source]
Druid[edit | edit source]
- Choice cards
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Mage[edit | edit source]
Paladin[edit | edit source]
Priest[edit | edit source]
Rogue[edit | edit source]
Shaman[edit | edit source]
Warlock[edit | edit source]
Warrior[edit | edit source]
Themes[edit | edit source]
Old Gods, Returned[edit | edit source]
World-corrupting mountains of flesh and horror have once again infiltrated the Tavern. These Legendary Minions and their artifact spells harken back to their original manifestations, though with terrifying new twists.
- C'Thun, the Shattered
- N'Zoth, God of the Deep
- Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
- Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
- Mask of C'Thun
- Jewel of N'Zoth
- Oh My Yogg!
- Idol of Y'Shaarj
Keyword: Corrupt[edit | edit source]
Cards with the Corrupt keyword tap into their eldritch energy after witnessing incredible feats of domination and destruction. Play a card of higher cost with a Corrupt card in hand to activate their bonus effects.
- Auspicious Spirits (Corrupted)
- Carousel Gryphon (Corrupted)
- Carnival Clown (Corrupted)
- Cascading Disaster (Corrupted, Corrupted again)
- Circus Medic (Corrupted)
- Dancing Cobra (Corrupted)
- Darkmoon Dirigible (Corrupted)
- Darkmoon Statue (Corrupted)
- Day at the Faire (Corrupted)
- Don't Feed the Animals (Corrupted)
- Dunk Tank (Corrupted)
- Faire Arborist (Corrupted)
- Fairground Fool (Corrupted)
- Felsteel Executioner (Corrupted)
- Firework Elemental (Corrupted)
- Fleethoof Pearltusk (Corrupted)
- Horrendous Growth (Corrupted)
- Insatiable Felhound (Corrupted)
- Insight (Corrupted)
- Moontouched Amulet (Corrupted)
- Pit Master (Corrupted)
- Ring Toss (Corrupted)
- Strongman (Corrupted)
- Stage Dive (Corrupted)
- Sweet Tooth (Corrupted)
- Tickatus (Corrupted)
Trailers[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- Darkmoon Island is the location of the Darkmoon Faire. It is small, forested, and roughly circular. The Faire is the primary attraction on the island, although some wild animals live in the woods and water. The island is only accessible once each month, during the week of the Darkmoon Faire.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
- Just beyond our auspicious arch, a fantastic festival filled with tantalizing sights, treats, and challenges awaits you. Though, heed not the many blinking horrors beckoning from shrouded alleyways, for these otherworldly terrors would have you miss the petting zoo! Welcome to the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire!
- Come one, come all...
- ...to the Darkmoon Faire, Azeroth’s one and only traveling carnival! Bear witness to supernatural wonders, spectacular performances, and exotic beasts! Sample a dazzling array of sweet and savory treats from around the world, discover rare treasures at our enchanting night market, or perhaps have your fortune read under the watchful orange eye of Darkmoon’s iconic midway gate!
- Ignore the ugly rumors you may hear about friendly and exuberant faire-folk! Many guests, overcome with excitement and joy, may report seeing strange or unusual things. Pay them no heed! Ignore the whispers! Come for the wholesome fun and stay... forever. 
History[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
On July 14th, 2020, the official Hearthstone YouTube account referenced one of their folders to the Darkmoon Faire.
On October 15th, 2020, the Hearthstone YouTube account released a teaser titled Come One, Come All!, which depicted the Darkmoon Faire entrance looking around, before blinking and becoming the eye of C'Thun. It gave October 22nd for the reveal date. The following day, the Hearthstone channel scheduled a livestream, the thumbnail of which revealed the content to be a new expansion, mechanical changes to card packs, and a new gamemode.
The livestream was introduced by Game Director Ben Lee, and hosted by Brian Kibler. The expansion as well as an insight into the revamped progression and new Duels game mode were showcased by various devs over the stream, ending with a show match in Duels between Kibler and Kripparrian.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Come One, Come All! is an achievement earned for attending the Darkmoon Faire in World of Warcraft.
- This is the first set in Hearthstone history to feature a Mini-set later on called Darkmoon Races, which expands upon the Corruption mechanic, as well as Duel-Class cards, Spellburst, Dormant and Primes.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Reddit.
- Official site - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire. Retrieved on 2020-10-23.
- Official site - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Announcement Article. Retrieved on 2020-10-23.
- Scholomance Academy Announcement Trailer
- Come One, Come All!
[edit | edit source]
(Expansions / Adventures / Mini-sets)
Madness at the Darkmoon Faire (Darkmoon Races)