Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Battlecry: Deal 6 damage randomly split between all other characters.
Dang, Bomber, calm down.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Madder Bomber||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
This minion's effect shoots 6 missiles, each one dealing 1 damage to a randomly selected character (other than this minion):
- Each missile is resolved (queuing and resolving triggered effects, such as that of Acolyte of Pain) before the next one is shot.
- As with all random effects, the missiles can hit any other character, including other friendly minions, Immune targets (which will however suffer no damage), Stealthed minions and both heroes.
- Characters which have been mortally wounded by earlier missiles or destroyed by triggered effects like Acidmaw will not be selected as targets for subsequent missiles (thus preventing missiles from dealing 'overkill' damage to targets that have already been destroyed by earlier missiles).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Madder Bomber is a larger version of Mad Bomber that also deals more damage with its Battlecry.
Madder Bomber's Battlecry can be useful in damaging or destroying enemy minions, especially if they are low in health or numerous. It will also trigger Enrage effects, as well as the effects of cards like Acolyte of Pain or Grim Patron. Conversely, it is inadvisable to play this card when there is a high chance of hitting friendly minions that do not benefit from being damaged, or if there are enemy minions that do benefit from being damaged.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Did someone say bomb?
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "The Madder Bomber here, he sorta exemplifies that, you know, he's excited about blowing up somebody, and if you set it up right, he's blowing up your enemy... but you're never really sure." - Eric Dodds
Goblins have a penchant for explosions, and are notorious for their lack of precision when employing their devices. The Madder Bomber epitomises the goblins' focus on firepower, often at the expense of accuracy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's name refers to Mad Bomber, the predecessor and pioneer of the Madder Bomber's Battlecry.
- This card was hinted at by the second Innkeeper's Journal blog, High Stakes, which featured two duelling goblins using dynamite in place of the game's usual turn timer. The blog also featured the card's full art.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Fireside Chat Goblins vs Gnomes. (2014-11-07).