Lyra the Sunshard
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Tags:||Class-related, Random, Spell-generating, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you cast a spell, add a random Priest spell to your hand.
Arise, fair sun, and kill my envious foes. They don't have a legendary as beautiful as you.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Lyra the Sunshard||1600||400|
|Golden Lyra the Sunshard||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lyra the Sunshard is a Priest card which functions as a superb value engine. Lyra in addition to Radiant Elementals can provide a player with a large supply of Priest spells to cycle through for very cheap, resulting in tremendous card advantage.
Priest spells that would kill Lyra, like Dragonfire Potion, will end the chain. You can also receive spells that require a target, like Potion of Madness or Shadow Madness - if no suitable target exists, these spells are uncastable and can end the chain if you have no other spells left.
Lyra is also an Elemental, and can substantially bolster the power of an Elemental Priest deck. While Elemental decks are usually creature-heavy, easily playable spells like Power Word: Shield and Shadow Visions can become worthwhile to include in these decks when combined with Lyra.
Possible cards[edit | edit source]
The below table lists all collectible priest cards available in Standard format, representing the full range of possible summons from Lyra the Sunshard. Quest cards cannot be generated through random effects, so Awaken the Makers is omitted from the list. For Wild format, see here. No results
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Behold, the glory of a new sun!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Lyra is unique to Hearthstone. She is some form of powerful elemental being, ostensibly associated with the sun and possibly the Light. Peter Whalen describes her as "basically on the level of an elemental lord".
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lyra the Sunshard came into being when the designers decided Priest needed to be "one of these trickier classes". Lyra was a 4 mana 3/5 initially, but proved to be too good in play-testing.
- Lyra's voice modulation is notably absent on certain mobile devices, causing her to sound more feminine.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-04-17).
- Donais, Mike and Peter Whalen. Interview by Cam Shea (2017-05-14). Hearthstone: Designing Un'Goro's Most Innovative Legendary Minions.