|Set:||Rise of Shadows|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Summon, Taunt|
Deathrattle: Go dormant. Restore 5 Health to awaken this minion.
Always feels refreshed after a little dirt nap.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lucentbark's effect does not require you to restore 5 Health in a single turn or to restore 5 Health to any specific character, only to restore a total of 5 Health while it's dormant.
- In-game, Spirit of Lucentbark's card text includes a counter informing the player how much more Health they need to restore before its Deathrattle effect can trigger; for example, if the player has yet to restore any Health, "(5 left!)" will be displayed at the end of the card text.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While an okay minion on its own, Lucentbark works incredibly well with healing effects, turning what is normally a slow play into tempo by summoning a 4/8 with Taunt for free. Some good sources of healing for Druid are Crystal Power, Earthen Ring Farseer, and Ancient of Lore.
Lucentbark is even more potent if he can be copied, as they will all be revived once the healing threshold is met. Faceless Manipulator, Gloop Sprayer, and Flobbidinous Floop are good additions to decks that run Lucentbark.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- This is not your home, invader.
- Effect triggering
- Nature calls.
- Leave this place!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Lucentbark is unique to Hearthstone. He is a wise, powerful, and resolute Ancient of Lore hailing from Crystalsong Forest. While he may look grumpy, the small woodland creatures that inhabit his forest (and even his own branches at times) always brings a smile to his face. He is quite friendly toward Dalaran and so immediately comes to its aid to drive out the invaders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lucentbark started off as a card simply titled "Tree" that went dormant and returned to life after the controlling player healed a certain amount. Team 5 initially thought that Applebough—a treant who serves as a fruit vendor in World of Warcraft's Dalaran–would be a perfect identity for "Tree". However, this design didn't last long, since adding Treant synergy to the card might lead to unexpected issues. With Applebough being the only druid-adjacent character in the World of Warcraft version of Dalaran, the team had to get creative and eventually decided that since Northrend's Crystalsong Forest is a beautiful blend of nature and magic, druids would pull from there to aid Dalaran. This is when the idea for the character of Lucentbark took shape.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199933 (2019-04-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-05-01).
- Steven Asarch (2019-04-01). ‘Hearthstone’ Rise of Shadows Card Reveal: Lucentbark Makes Restoration Druid Work (EXCLUSIVE). Newsweek. Retrieved on 2019-04-01.