|Tags:||Cost-related, Deck-related, Random|
Battlecry: Reorder your deck from the highest Cost card to the lowest Cost card.
quicksort  =  quicksort (x:xs) = quicksort small ++ (x : quicksort large) where small = [y | y <- xs, y <= x] large = [y | y <- xs, y > x]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Lorekeeper Polkelt||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cards that reduce their own cost will be ordered based on their base cost. For example, Mana Giant will be sorted as if it is 8 Mana, and Molten Giant will be sorted as a 20 Mana card.
- If there are multiple cards that are the same cost in your deck, they will be sorted randomly.
- Shuffling extra cards into your deck will shuffle the order of the entire rest of the deck along with it. Because of this, if Lorekeeper Polkelt is played but an extra card is shuffled into the deck afterwards (i.e. with Bad Luck Albatross, cards that shuffle Soul Fragments into your deck, or by triggering the Deathrattle of any of the Prime minions), his battlecry will be completely nullified, as the once ordered deck will be re-shuffled.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Polkelt's Battlecry animation from your opponent's side shuffles the cards with the card back of the opposing deck instead.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A great card to be able to draw your powerful minions in your deck more reliably instead of drawing low cost cards late in the game.
In Wild, using Lorekeeper Polkelt with Holy Wrath in hand to be able to do up to 25 damage to the enemy hero with drawn cards like Shirvallah, the Tiger and Molten Giant especially even better on curve or be able to draw Aviana, Kun, or your other combo pieces more reliably.
Polkelt is particularly strong with Galakrond, the Nightmare in Rogue decks and Skull of Gul'dan in Demon Hunter decks, guaranteeing discounts on the highest-value items. This is true to a lesser extent with cards such as Utgarde Grapplesniper and Tentacled Menace, though the latter cards are much less consistent as they depend on you having Polkelt active to work well.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- If power is what you seek, knowledge is what I provide.
- It is wisdom you lack!
Lore[edit | edit source]
This card art depicts a Hearthstone's unique human version of Polkelt.
- Polkelt is one of the six mini-bosses that are required to call forth Darkmaster Gandling. Polkelt is notable among them in that he is the only one of the six that does not drop a Corruptor's Scourgestone. As we can tell from his name, he was once the keeper of knowledge, knowledge that has sadly been lost, however, as he is now a shambling, unintelligent monster.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Polkelt's flavor text seems to be a valid Quicksort algorithm in Haskell programming language, describing what his Battlecry does. The same code can be found on a WikiWikiWeb page from Haskel Language.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11600 (2020-12-15): Now costs 5 mana (up from 4).
- Unknown patch: Fixed a bug when Battlecry animation from your opponent's side shuffled the cards with the card back of the opposing deck instead.
- Patch 18.104.22.168613 (2020-07-30): Added.