|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Tags:||Battlefield-related, Divine Shield-granting, Taunt-granting|
Battlecry: If you control no other minions, gain Taunt and Divine Shield.
He is a champion, with no friends. He'll keep on fighting, til the end!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Lone Champion||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lone Champion's taunt, combined with a divine shield and semi-high health, makes it a strong card against aggro. Its high tempo value makes it tempting to use Lone Champion for more aggressive decks as well, but this is not advised due to its destriction countering the game plan of tempo and midrange decks.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I don't need any of you.
- For me!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The creator of Lone Champion's card art, Jomaro Kindred, took the opportunity to "put himself in the game" by modeling the character's appearance after himself. As a result, Lone Champion is also Kindred's favorite character in Kobolds & Catacombs.
- Lone Champion appears to be wearing the Lightbringer Armor set from World of Warcraft.
- Lone Champion's flavor text is likely a reference to the 1977 Queen song "We Are the Champions".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone (2017-12-14). Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs, Behind the Scenes. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-07-14.