Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Lock and Load
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Class-related, Random, Spell-generating, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Each time you cast a spell this turn, add a random Hunter card to your hand.
Rexxar narrowed his eyes, grabbed his machine gun, and said: "It's go time. Lock and load."
This card pays homage to that special moment.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Lock and Load can be obtained through The Grand Tournament card packs purchased online from the Battle.net shop, or through crafting. Golden Lock and Load can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Lock and Load||400||100|
|Golden Lock and Load||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lock and Load does not trigger itself; the effect does not come into force until after the Lock and Load has itself been cast. However, any subsequent spells cast that turn will activate the effect, generating a random Hunter card.
- Like all spell-related effects, Lock and Load's effect activates before the triggering spell takes effect. For example, if you play Lock and Load followed by Quick Shot, Lock and Load will generate a card before Quick Shot deals its damage; thus making it impossible to activate Quick Shot's secondary effect.
- Lock and Load's effect will stack if multiple copies are played in the same turn. For example, by playing Lock and Load followed by Lock and Load, any other spell cast that turn will generate 2 random hunter cards. Also, Lock and Load is itself a spell, meaning that playing a second Lock and Load will trigger the first Lock and Load's effect, generating a card.
- Lock and Load will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Best used with low cost hunter spells (Hunter's Mark, Arcane Shot, etc.). Tracking is especially useful because it is a cheap spell that you can use to draw another spell to trigger Lock and Load for a large chain of cards.
Possible cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Ballista Shot||None||Hero Power||Hunter||2|
Deal 3 damage to the enemy hero.
Craft a custom Zombeast.
Battlecry: Draw a card.
Give a Beast +2/+2.
Battlecry: Shuffle 15 Raptors into your deck.
|Steady Shot||None||Hero Power||Hunter||2|
Deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.
Your other minions have +1 Attack.
Each turn this is in your hand, swap its Attack and Health.
Summon three 3/3 Wolves. (Play a Secret to upgrade.)
|Greater Emerald Spellstone||Rare||Spell||Hunter||5|
Summon four 3/3 Wolves.
|Showing all 18 cards|
Lore[edit | edit source]
The following text describes the World of Warcraft spell Lock and Load as it existed prior to the creation of the Hearthstone card. For the latest version, see Lock and Load.
- Lock and Load is a passive specialization ability for Survival hunters, available at level 43. When it activates, it allows the hunter's next two Explosive Shot to be fired with no cooldown (though it still invokes the global cooldown), and no focus cost.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1186 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-22).
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-23).
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).