|Tags:||Damaged-related, Random, Triggered effect|
At the start of your turn, restore 3 Health to a damaged friendly character.
It isn't clear if people ignore the Lightwell, or if it is just invisible.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Lightwell can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Lightwell can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's triggered effect can target any damaged friendly character (including itself and the controlling hero).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lightwell has the potential to be an extremely powerful and valuable card, and priests should take care to protect it. When playing against a Lightwell, it is generally desirable to remove or Silence it as quickly as possible. It could be paired with cards such as Divine Spirit and Inner Fire to upgrade it to a very powerful state which is usually an unstoppable force if used effectively.
Lore[edit | edit source]
This card has its origins in a priest spell from World of Warcraft. A lightwell is a summonable object which automatically heals injured targets. This card's flavor text refers to the original design of the lightwell, which required players to actively click on the well in order to receive healing. Players largely failed to do so, often to the frustration of the casting priest, whether because of ignorance of the well's functionality, or a lack of willingness to participate in their own healing. Eventually the lightwell was redesigned to automatically dispense heals, avoiding this problem.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Lightwell.
- Lightwell was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.