Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Tags:||Health-related, Ongoing effect|
|Artist:||Mike "Daarken" Lim|
This minion's Attack is always equal to its Health.
Spawn of the Light? Or Pawn of the Lights?
How to get[edit | edit source]
Lightspawn can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Lightspawn can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lightspawn's Attack is always equal to its Health. Immediately after losing or gaining Health, the Lightspawn's Attack will be changed to match its Health.
- This means that the Lightspawn's Attack cannot be increased directly, such as through Dark Iron Dwarf's Battlecry, and Bloodfury Potion. Such effects can still be applied to the Lightspawn, but will have no effect. However, any effect that alters its Health will alter its Attack accordingly.
- Lightspawn is implemented as a very late priority aura. Because of its priority, regardless of order of play, Dire Wolf Alpha will not give Lightspawn extra attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cards that increase maximum health are great for this card. Priests have a number of options such as Divine Spirit and Power Word: Shield which can quickly increase Lightspawn's Attack to gargantuan levels. In ideal circumstances, casting a Power Word: Shield followed by 2 x Divine Spirit will transform the Lightspawn's initial 5/5 into a ridiculous 28/28 within a single turn. If your opponent has no Taunts on the field, this can single-handedly win the game.
Conversely, be aware that any damage taken will reduce the Lightspawn's Attack. Because of this, Lightspawn is probably most effective when attacking Heroes and targets with low Attack. Heal it regularly to maintain its power.
One little Silence renders this minion a harmless bystander, so you may want to avoid buffing it until the turn after it is summoned.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "I am Light incarnate!" - Sol
Original to Hearthstone, the Lightspawn was added to World of Warcraft with Legion. The priest champion Sol appears to be a named Lightspawn, and a generic "Lightspawn" mob serves as its stand-in when viewed by other players. Lightspawns can also be summoned by Vial of Pure Light.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Holy Guardian.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Now an Elemental; previously no minion type.
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2013-10-02): Health increased to 5, up from 4.
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Wording changed to "This minion's Attack is always equal to its Health."
- Patch 22.214.171.12488 (2013-06-22): Added, replacing Mental Collapse. This minion's Attack is always equal to its Health. [4 mana, 0 attack, 4 health, Common]
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmfa9NFThsM&t=7m25s Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19986 (TGT patch)